Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nirvanilla
    • Nov 2003

problem "quoting" quotes

So, say Jenny posts something. Martha quotes Jenny's post, and adds her own two cents. I see Martha's post and want to reply to both Jenny's original post and what Martha replies to her, so I hit 'quote' on Martha's post. The problem is, only Martha's post shows up. Jenny's post (which Martha quoted) is just...gone.

I looked in settings and can't find where to change this. I know some might say "well just go back in the thread and hit quote on Jenny's post too", but what if Jenny's post is pages and pages back? I had that happen a couple days ago, I hit quote and it only pasted in "Martha's" post, and I went back hunting and hunting through the thread for a good 5-10 minutes before I found "Jenny's" post too. It seems like it would be much easier to just be able to hit quote and get whatever's in the post you're quoting, even if it's a previous quote.

Is there a way to do this, that I'm just not seeing?

• cbiweb
    • Apr 2004
    • 4.1.x

I've often wondered about this myself. The expectation (for me anyway) is when I quote a post I want to quote everything that was in that post, including other quotes, to help keep things in context.
    ~ Life isn't always fair, but you can be. ~

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
      vBulletin Support
      • Aug 2002
      • 5.7.X

Not in the default installation but there is a mod for this over at www.vbulletin.org I believe. If I come across it, I'll post a link...
      Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
      - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
        vBulletin Support
        • Aug 2002
        • 5.7.X

Some have confirmed this as working in 3.8.1. Can't think of any major changed that will have affected it since then:

Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
        - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• cbiweb
          • Apr 2004
          • 4.1.x

Good stuff. I must try it in the beta to see if it works, and if not, rewrite it so it does. ...now to find that extra hour in a day.
          ~ Life isn't always fair, but you can be. ~

Comment

• nirvanilla
            • Nov 2003

Originally posted by Trevster
            Some have confirmed this as working in 3.8.1. Can't think of any major changed that will have affected it since then:

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=170202
            That worked - thank you so much

cbiweb - I do hope you come up with a version for 4.0 at some point

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...