• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • paintballer.ie
    • Jan 2009
    • 3.7.x

Moving Php to Cgi from Apache after a server move

Evening all,

I have just moved host and I am trying to get things all back right. One thing on my list is attachments. Am currently getting an error that the file is unwritable, however all chmod settings are correct.

I have seen that the /tmp directory could be the problem. It's not writeable and I am not able to change its settings due to a 550 error. An email from my host suggested that I change my php set up from apache to a cgi module which will take about 10 mins.

Is php as a cgi module acceptable for vbulletin? Can I do anything else with a php.ini file perhaps?

Cheers.
    Last edited by paintballer.ie; Tue 10 Nov '09, 3:04pm.
    The Paintball Resource

Critic My site HERE
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

without knowing more about whats happening its hard to say. Are you sure all folders and subfolders are chmoded to 777 for your attachments.

Comment

• paintballer.ie
      • Jan 2009
      • 3.7.x

Originally posted by Zachery
      without knowing more about whats happening its hard to say. Are you sure all folders and subfolders are chmoded to 777 for your attachments.
      Hey Zachery,

Yes my attachments folder is 777 and is confirmed by my host.. Here is whay my host suggested.

I'm not seeing anything unusual there; the files folder is indeed 777.

The only thing that I can think of would be that the files already exist and are not 777, instead they're owned by another user alltogether (your own) where the webserver runs as 'Apache'.

I would suggest going to 'web space' > 'website configuation' and changing PHP 5 support from 'Run as Apache module' to 'run as CGI application'.

This will take 5-10 minutes to go through but should allow you to access all files owned by your own user, bypassing the need for 777 permissions.

Let me know how you get on with this.
      The Paintball Resource

Critic My site HERE

Comment

• Zachery
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Jul 2002

That folder and all subfolders?

Comment

• Steve Machol
          Former Customer Support Manager
          • Jul 2000

Enable phpinfo in the Admin CP, then provide the URL to your forums. This may help us troubleshoot this problem.

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Server Settings and Optimization Options -> Public phpinfo() Display Enabled
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• paintballer.ie
            • Jan 2009
            • 3.7.x

Originally posted by Zachery
            That folder and all subfolders?
            *smaks head*

Cheers Zack, it turned out that one of the sub folders was not set right for some reason. All good now, thanks.
            The Paintball Resource

Critic My site HERE

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...