X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jorrit787
    • Nov 2005
    • 3.8.x

Hosting problem

I recently moved my site to a hosting account that hosts multiple domains. Now I keep having the problem that when a PHP script tries to redirect the user to the next page (after posting, using getnew when searching, etc.), the user is redirected to a nonexistent subfolder. So for example, my site's files are in root/sitefolder, with a domain pointer set up to point from www.mysite.com to root/sitefolder. When someone posts/searches/etc., the script tries to redirect the user to root/sitefolder/sitefolder/page.php, instead of root/sitefolder/page.php .

Is there some setting in vBulletin that can prevent this from happening, or are there other solutions to this? I've asked my host and they keep maintaining they're not having the problem.
    EverythingKMC - A forum for the Kaiserslautern Military Community :cool:
    GermanDriversLicense.com
  • kennethj
    • Apr 2001
    • 3.6.x

check your "Site Name / URL / Contact Details"

guessing they should be :

Forum URL: http://www.extremegossip.com
    Homepage URL : http://www.extremegossip.com/

thinking you may have included "sitefolder" in one of these settings.
    .. . / GFXstyles certain amount of common sense is necessary to survive in this world !
    insanity leaves you no restrictions

Comment

• Jorrit787
      • Nov 2005
      • 3.8.x

Originally posted by kennethj
      check your "Site Name / URL / Contact Details"

guessing they should be :

Forum URL: http://www.extremegossip.com
      Homepage URL : http://www.extremegossip.com/

thinking you may have included "sitefolder" in one of these settings.
      No, that wasn't the issue. I didn't change any settings after the move.
      GermanDriversLicense.com

Comment

• Jorrit787
        • Nov 2005
        • 3.8.x

No one? This is only happening with vBulletin. Even the host says this is a problem with the script itself.

We have checked the issue and was able to duplicate the issue. It seems certain redirection codes used in the script is causing the issue. Please contact the web programmer and correct the script from your end in order to resolve the issue.
        GermanDriversLicense.com

Comment

• Faceshqip
          • Oct 2009
          • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Jorrit787
          No one? This is only happening with vBulletin. Even the host says this is a problem with the script itself.

are you sure you moved all the files on the new host correctly.

i had a same problem when i moved host last six months and fisrt time when i moved my site to the new host did'nt work so a uploded the files again from the backup i made and it whent to normal..

is nothing to doo with the script trust me. cause all the host companies they say that cause if there was a problem wuth their hosting they not going to blame themselfs..

Comment

• Jorrit787
            • Nov 2005
            • 3.8.x

I uploaded all the files correctly. I figured I could fix this by moving all the vBulletin files into my hosting account's root directory and removing the domain pointer, which seems to have resolved most of the problems, but now I can't get into my Admin CP:

Warning: chdir() [function.chdir]: No such file or directory (errno 2) in \\boswinfs02\home\users\web\b2453\xxx\admin\global.php on line 31

Warning: main(\\boswinfs02\home\users\web\b2453\xxx\admin/includes/init.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in \\boswinfs02\home\users\web\b2453\xxx\admin\global.php on line 34

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required '\\boswinfs02\home\users\web\b2453\xxx\admin/includes/init.php' (include_path='.;c:/php/4/includes;c:/php/4/pear') in \\boswinfs02\home\users\web\b2453\xxx\admin\global.php on line 34

Obviously vBulletin isn't handling paths correctly...
            GermanDriversLicense.com

Comment

• Zachery
              Former vBulletin Support
              • Jul 2002

Is this a windows webhost?

Comment

• Jorrit787
                • Nov 2005
                • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Zachery
                Is this a windows webhost?
                Yes, Windows 2003 Enterprise, and vBulletin 3.8 PL1.
                GermanDriversLicense.com

Comment

• Zachery
                  Former vBulletin Support
                  • Jul 2002

There are times when php's permission in the root directory of windows webhosts do not work at all. I've never been able to find out why exactly. Try moving the files back into a sub-directory and make sure the path in the config.php is set properly.

Comment

• Jorrit787
                    • Nov 2005
                    • 3.8.x

There are times when php's permission in the root directory of windows webhosts do not work at all. I've never been able to find out why exactly. Try moving the files back into a sub-directory and make sure the path in the config.php is set properly.
                    I can get into the admin CP now, but the original Page Not Found errors are back... What the hell gives?!
                    GermanDriversLicense.com

Comment

• Zachery
                      Former vBulletin Support
                      • Jul 2002

You moved vBulletin into a subdirectory? Or the admincp works?

Comment

• Jorrit787
                        • Nov 2005
                        • 3.8.x

You moved vBulletin into a subdirectory? Or the admincp works?
                        After I moved it into a subdirectory I could get into the Admin CP, but the original Page Not Found errors described in my original post started showing up again on pages that use script redirects. If I have to choose between having a working front-end or not being able to go into the Admin CP, I think I'd prefer to have the working front-end. Although ideally both would work.
                        GermanDriversLicense.com

Comment

• Zachery
                          Former vBulletin Support
                          • Jul 2002

Did you set the path in the configl.php file as well?

Comment