Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kjsmith84
    • Sep 2009

HELP!!!! Revert templates mess up

I was trying to do a hack and it said to revert templates but it messed my site up. All the changes i made to it are now gone. how do i put it back????
  • McCarroll21
    • Sep 2006
    • 4.1.x

Re do them. When you reverted the templates, you lost it all. If you have a backup, you can get it back through it. From now on, if you're having to revert templates for a mod, only revert the templates associated with that mod, not all the templates in the system.

Comment

• kjsmith84
      • Sep 2009

ok so i have a back sql but it was from 2 weeks ago-what do i do? will this loss all my posts from then til now?

sorry this is all new to me

Comment

• McCarroll21
        • Sep 2006
        • 4.1.x

I wouldn't put your backup in if it's from that long ago because you'll lose a lot of information. Is it all one file or do you have it broken down into the different tables? It seems like you'll just have to find a way to re-do the template edits you had made.

Comment

• kjsmith84
          • Sep 2009

its all just one file that i know of. yeah it was alot of template mods. alot!

Comment

• kjsmith84
            • Sep 2009

anyone?? is there away to do it- can some one help?? maybe a way to open the .sql file and pull out what is needed????

Comment

• dodgeboard.com
              • Nov 2005
              • 4.0.x

Couldn't you just dump TEMPLATE table from the backup, then restore the TEMPLATE table into the current database?

I've never done it but it seems doable.

For future reference: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...if-you-mess-up

And: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=106935

Comment

• kjsmith84
                • Sep 2009

ok i backed up from my old backup but lost everything from that date forward- i did do a backup before i upload the old backup- is there any way to get those members adn posts back? I had about 50 members in those two weeks?

Comment

• dodgeboard.com
                  • Nov 2005
                  • 4.0.x

Take this opportunity to copy/paste the contents of the templates you goofed up, then restore the other database and then restore the templates with the copy/paste you saved.

Comment

• McCarroll21
                    • Sep 2006
                    • 4.1.x

Originally posted by dodgeboard.com
                    Take this opportunity to copy/paste the contents of the templates you goofed up, then restore the other database and then restore the templates with the copy/paste you saved.
                    Bingo.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...