Can I control user permissions by forum?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Flyte
    • Oct 2009

Can I control user permissions by forum?

If I have four forums setup is their a way to give permission to three forums and not one?
    Can I give permissions to the 4th forum to some but not all users?

Hope I'm getting the question across properly?
    Thank you!
  • ItzBoosted
    • Oct 2009
    • 3.8.x

You will need to modify the forum category, set permissions that way inside of Forums & Moderation. Set permissions there.

Comment

• cellarius
      • Aug 2005
      • 3.8.x

AdminCP->Forums and Moderators->Forum Permissions, to be exact. You can set permissions by usergroups there, not by individual users. If you want to do that, you need to use access masks. Activate them in AdminCP->Options->General Settings, then call up the user and select "Edit Forum Permissions (Access Masks)". The second method is not recommended, since it adds large overhead to the forum. Stick with usergroups.

Comment

• Flyte
        • Oct 2009

I'm assuming you can control permissions to view photo galleries as well? ie. - User may be 'registered' but admin can still withhold permission to view gallery?

Thank you!

Comment

• cellarius
          • Aug 2005
          • 3.8.x

Of course. Admins are set to be able to see everything by default, btw.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...