• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rare Aquatics
    • Oct 2009
    • 3.8.x

What is the vBulletin Anti-Spam service key

Can anyone tell me what the vBulletin Anti-Spam service key code is
    We are having spamming issues so I have gone through the settings in admin control under*VBulletin Options there is a*spam management setting group in there it askes for a*vBulletin Anti-Spam Key
    this is exactly what is next to the key box where the key code has to be entered

"vBulletin Anti-Spam Key
    Enter a vBulletin Anti-Spam service key to enable scanning of user data where supported"

Can you please tell me what this key is so I can enable the spam management.

Thanks in advance
  • RS_Jelle
    • Jul 2005

It's explained in the option above:

"Anti-Spam Service
    Controls the service that is used for scanning supported data. The corresponding API key for the service has to be entered."

Currently you can choose between Akismet or Typepad AntiSpam. These are paid services for most users.

Have a look at this topic for more anti-spam techniques.
    Minatica.be - Belgian/Dutch computer and technology site
    DownloadsII - Add a downloads database to your vB 4

Comment

• Rare Aquatics
      • Oct 2009
      • 3.8.x

Cheers the support have helped me out all done now

Comment

• joe1989
        • Apr 2008

Currently you can choose between Akismet or Typepad AntiSpam. These are paid services for most users.
        FYI - not paid services... FREE! At least, TypePad is for sure... I believe the other one is also free. But, I recommend TP, that's what I use anyways. Free.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...