Moved forum to new url on same hosting,now cant expand vbulletin options in admin

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • morny
    • Jun 2008

Moved forum to new url on same hosting,now cant expand vbulletin options in admin

Hi, as per the title. I installed Vbulletin at my url then i had to change the url, so im using the same hosting package and just uploaded the forum folder from the old folder to the new folder. It worked perfectly and i can login and post etc but when i go to admin when i try to expand the vbulletin options menu or any of the menus on the left it dosent do anything and gives this error.

Webpage error details
    User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.0; Trident/4.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; InfoPath.2; .NET CLR 3.0.30729)
    Timestamp: Sun, 25 Oct 2009 18:22:44 UTC

Line: 77
    Char: 3
    Code: 0
    URI: http://www.xxx.com/forum/admincp/ind...id=vbulletin_0

Now there is a link above the menus to expand all or collapse all and this works fine. So its not a huge problem but is there something else that i should have done other than just copy and paste the forum folder, maybe set permissions etc on the new folder or something like that, bare in mind im a newbie to the installation process

Ive updated all the new url settings in Vbulletin Options > Site Name/Contact Details
  • dodgeboard.com
    • Nov 2005
    • 4.0.x

Originally posted by morny
    Hi, as per the title. I installed Vbulletin at my url then i had to change the url, so im using the same hosting package and just uploaded the forum folder from the old folder to the new folder. It worked perfectly and i can login and post etc but when i go to admin when i try to expand the vbulletin options menu or any of the menus on the left it dosent do anything and gives this error.

Webpage error details
    User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.0; Trident/4.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; InfoPath.2; .NET CLR 3.0.30729)
    Timestamp: Sun, 25 Oct 2009 18:22:44 UTC

Line: 77
    Char: 3
    Code: 0
    URI: http://www.xxx.com/forum/admincp/ind...id=vbulletin_0

Now there is a link above the menus to expand all or collapse all and this works fine. So its not a huge problem but is there something else that i should have done other than just copy and paste the forum folder, maybe set permissions etc on the new folder or something like that, bare in mind im a newbie to the installation process

Ive updated all the new url settings in Vbulletin Options > Site Name/Contact Details
    Sounds like some of your files cannot be accessed, possibly due to permissions. Try checking the permissions on your folders/files. Set the file permission to 644 and all folder permissions should be 755. Let us know if that resolves the problem. There are no exceptions unless you are storing something in the file system. For example, if you are storing attachments in the file system then that storage directory should be CHMOD 777.

Comment

• morny
      • Jun 2008

Yeah all files are 644 and folders 755, i didnt have to change them as it was already like this, i checked the old forum folder and its also the same and the permissions were correct and the same on that too and that one worked fine. Any other suggestions? Could it be related to the index.php file as thats the url in the error message?

Comment

• dodgeboard.com
        • Nov 2005
        • 4.0.x

First thing I would try is to push a new set of files (not from the backup, but from your original install files) to the server using an FTP client like FileZilla. I would just upload all the non image files, making sure that all the PHP files get uploaded in ASCII format. I might try the files in the admincp folder first, then the files in the includes folder second to see if that fixes the issue. If not, upload all of them, making sure to select OVERWRITE. You do not need to re-run the install script.

Comment