• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • joyboy2001
    • Nov 2008
    • 4.2.x

Database error ... Lost connection everyday

Hi,

I had setup a cron job to backup my database automatically everyday, and after a few days my forum could not connect to the database ... I went to my cPanel and repaired the database and my forum started working fine again ... Since then I have deleted the cron ...

However, even now, my forum comes up with a "database error", that gets corrected on it's own once I repair the database ... This seems to happen in the middle of the day, everyday ... My host couldn't fix this and my members complain because this happens every single day ...

What I've tried :
    I took a backup of the database from phpmyadmin and restored it into a new blank database (which is a little smaller, I don't know why). Then I changed the database info in config.php and everything seemed fine, till it happened again ...

What is the problem and how can I fix it ? It is my host ?
    Last edited by joyboy2001; Mon 26 Oct '09, 8:28pm.
  • dodgeboard.com
    • Nov 2005
    • 4.0.x

What is the database error?

Comment

• joyboy2001
      • Nov 2008
      • 4.2.x

This is what comes up in the e-mails I get (the script is always different) :
      Database error in vBulletin :

mysql_connect() [<a href='function.mysql-connect'> function.mysql-connect</a>]: Access denied for user 'revlimit'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
      /path/to/public_html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 311

MySQL Error :
      Error Number :
      Request Date : Sunday, October 25th 2009 @ 02:42:29 AM
      Error Date : Sunday, October 25th 2009 @ 02:42:29 AM
      Script : http://revlimit.co.in/forum/tags.php?tag=alpinestars
      Referrer :
      IP Address : 67.218.116.130
      Username :
      Classname : vB_Database
      MySQL Version :
      I changed the path to forum in this message

Comment

• dodgeboard.com
        • Nov 2005
        • 4.0.x

Maybe there is a cron or your host is resetting the SQL improperly on a timed interval, causing data loss. Not sure about this.

It's not uncommon to suffer from occasional SQL disconnects or even frequent ones on shared hosting plans, but they normally don't cause data corruption.

If you are sure you are not running a cron that's doing this then I would advise you to nail down the time and ask your host what could be causing this...probably something they are doing. If they aren't helpful, then you should seek out a better host.

Comment

• joyboy2001
          • Nov 2008
          • 4.2.x

Thanks ... I have contacted my host again and asked them to look into issues at their end.

There's another concern, when I use Check DB in cPanel to restore my connection, I get OK for all the checks except the first 2 :

database_name.aaggregate_temp_1241709000 note : The storage engine for the table doesn't support check database_name.aaggregate_temp_1241802600 note : The storage engine for the table doesn't support check
          (I have replaced the database name in the error above)

Does this mean that there is a problem with my database ?
          Should I remove these two tables if they are not necessary ?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...