Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • -Force
    • Jan 2009

vBulletin not sending e-mails & signatures

Alright, I am a bit annoyed, because I am having trouble with the software at the moment.

Firstly, we require e-mail verification on our forums, now we still get registrations and people do still get the e-mail, however some people do not no matter how many times they resend the e-mail, they have assured me that they have checked their spam folder.

The second problem (this is a big annoyance) signatures will not update in previous posts.

Suppose I have a signature in post 20 and not in post 1. Posts 1-19 will not contain a signature but all the posts after that will.

How do I go about fixing this? I never had the issues with IPB.
  • veenuisthebest
    • Mar 2008
    • 3.8.x

Email - Is usually a mail server issue, not vbulletin's. You may however want to run a diagnostic email test from admincp.

Signatures - That is correct. Thats the way it is (correct me if I'm wrong please). However, you can clear signature cache from Maintenance -> Update counters in admincp.

Comment

• -Force
      • Jan 2009

Originally posted by veenuisthebest
      Email - Is usually a mail server issue, not vbulletin's. You may however want to run a diagnostic email test from admincp.

Signatures - That is correct. Thats the way it is (correct me if I'm wrong please). However, you can clear signature cache from Maintenance -> Update counters in admincp.
      Alright, well I sent out e-mail to the user and I got no errors back, I will message him tommarow and ask if he recieved it.

The signatures seems like a very big problem (since IPB had this functionality).

Is there a way to fix it via mod or anything.

Comment

• veenuisthebest
        • Mar 2008
        • 3.8.x

Originally posted by -Force
        Alright, well I sent out e-mail to the user and I got no errors back, I will message him tommarow and ask if he recieved it.
        lol just send an email to yourself from diagnostics.

Originally posted by -Force
        The signatures seems like a very big problem (since IPB had this functionality).

Is there a way to fix it via mod or anything.
        There isn't a mod that I know, you may want to look over at vb.org though.

btw how is it a big problem, coz its likely to happen just once and normally with only new users that DO NOT have a signature. Just a note, once you have a signature, and then when you change it, the change is reflected in all posts. This problem occurs in just the first time sig. And I already explained the manual solution in my previous post.

Its a valid issue for sure, strange I never saw somebody asking it before. So because you are not used to it and you think its a problem, then I think it would be a good idea to report it in bug tracker.

Comment

• -Force
          • Jan 2009

Originally posted by veenuisthebest
          lol just send an email to yourself from diagnostics.

There isn't a mod that I know, you may want to look over at vb.org though.

btw how is it a big problem, coz its likely to happen just once and normally with only new users that DO NOT have a signature. Just a note, once you have a signature, and then when you change it, the change is reflected in all posts. This problem occurs in just the first time sig. And I already explained the manual solution in my previous post.

Its a valid issue for sure, strange I never saw somebody asking it before. So because you are not used to it and you think its a problem, then I think it would be a good idea to report it in bug tracker.
          The problem is that I CAN get e-mails, but a user with an e-mail address at [email protected] does not get an e-mail from the forums.

I also understand the signature thing but it seems like after 1,000 posts on my boards I finally decided to add a quick little F.A.Q. and none of the previous 1,000 posts contain the F.A.Q, so for some of us who don't have the signatures as the first step of setting up our account it is suprising this hasn't been fixed yet.

Comment

• -Force
            • Jan 2009

Bump, any ideas? Another user with a yahoo e-mail account doesn't get e-mails either.

Comment

• GPexa
              • Dec 2003

I have the same issue with random members not receiving email notifications either. Does anyone know exactly what setting in the user mySQL table for email notification for private messages is?

I hope this isn't much of a thread hijack, as it's on topic...

Comment

• Zachery
                Former vBulletin Support
                • Jul 2002

If some emails are going out, they all are. All email from the software uses the same function. Its likely a problem with your webhost or their email provider.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...