X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wtrk
    • May 2005
    • 3.7.x

Scheduled Task not Working

Sometimes the scheduled task dont execute. For example, often the stats are not updated or RSS feeds arent posted regularly. Does anybody know how to fix this?
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

If your website is not very active, then the tasks won't get run. Users need to click on the pages to get the Scheduled Tasks to run.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• wtrk
      • May 2005
      • 3.7.x

Activity isnt a problem. It just doesnt run sometimes. I get 150+ new users a day, 1500+ post a day, if thats not enough activity to make the scheduled task run, then i what is... ??

Comment

• Zachery
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Jul 2002

Are you positive that your cron code is in the footer?

After that there are times where crons get stuck for some reason, I've never found a reason why but we do see it from time to time. Edit each cron and save it, this should restart its work flow.

Comment

• Lynne
          Former vBulletin Support
          • Oct 2004

How do you know it is not running? Do you have a custom style? Do you have the "do not remove these lines" lines still in the footer (the ones that make the STs run)?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
          vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
          Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
          If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• mattyg
            • Sep 2007
            • 3.6.x

I had this problem for awhile. Tried all the standard fixes and none of them worked.

Then I installed this mod: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=123719

and the tasks ran like normal and still do to this day

so try that

Comment