Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ludachris
    • Feb 2002

Is a Buddy now called a Contact in 3.8?

I see no "edit buddy list" link in usercp. Is the buddy list done away with and now called contacts?

Can someone give me an overview on the new system? The vb manual still references buddy list as if it's the same as before.

• Ludachris
    • Feb 2002

Is there a query we can run to update all users so that their contacts (buddies) are automatically added as friends?

Comment

• Homeworld'sa
      • Sep 2009
      • 3.8.x

Yes, buddy lists were renamed to friend lists.
      I wouldn't recommend doing so, because some people may want to have a contact with someone but not their friend.
      That's it. If you REALLY can't say ANYTHING nice to me at all on this forum, then I am going to go insanely mad at you. I've had enough of the UNTOLD ABUSE you are all giving me and you should really be CONSIDERATE of other people.

Comment

• feldon23
        • Nov 2001
        • 3.7.x

Buddies were renamed Contacts. It's just a list of users you like.

However Friends is part of the Social Networking and it's someone you are following, and your name appears under their name. So I would leave it up to your users to decide if they want to use the Friend system.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...