Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ScavengerCash
    • Oct 2009

404 Not Found Error

Good day, I just installed the vbulletin on my site, it shows the forumhome but when i click on a forum or thread it get the following errors. Any help would be much appreciated

The requested URL /display.php was not found on this server.
    Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
    Apache/2.2.13 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.13 OpenSSL/0.9.7a mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at www.scavengercash.net Port 80
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

There is no display.php file in vB.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• ScavengerCash
      • Oct 2009

Hello, when i click on a thread the link shows it as forumdisplay.php, then it goes to that error page

Comment

• cellarius
        • Aug 2005
        • 3.8.x

Do you have a SEO mod installed and/or a .htacess file in place that rewrites your URLs? This sounds as if the links you click are correct but then get redirected to display.php (which is not a vbulletin file, as Steve said). May it be that you have a badly constructed rule that wants to rewrite yourdomain.com/forum to yourdomain, and in the process also removes the forum from forumdisplay?

Comment

• ScavengerCash
          • Oct 2009

Hello, I dont have an SEO mod, but there is a .htaccess file in my root directory of my forum. Would it help to past the contents of the .htaccess file in here to check, this is a bit above my basic knowledge or would this be a web host issue.

Comment

• ScavengerCash
            • Oct 2009

cellarius, no worries, i just fixed the problem, i did go into the .htaccess file to see if i could decipher it, there was a rewrite script in there. I deleted it and upload back and it displays the threads. Thanks for the help.

Comment

• cellarius
              • Aug 2005
              • 3.8.x

You're welcome, glad my guesswork was of help

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...