X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mrs blueskyracer
    • Jul 2009
    • 3.8.x

User ID finding who is it?

In upgrading my forum to 3.8.4 in the config.php file I find a user ID with privledges and i don't know who that person is. Since I bought the already active forum was probably someone prior owner had designated.

How do I find out who that ID number is?

On same subject, I have added my user number to the config.php to be a Super Administrator, however I am still unable to access areas of control panel that I should be able to see with such permission. Was simply editing the config.php file enough or did I miss a step?
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

member.php?u=X change x to the userid thats in the config file.

Comment

• knightdreams
      • Feb 2005
      • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Mrs blueskyracer

On same subject, I have added my user number to the config.php to be a Super Administrator, however I am still unable to access areas of control panel that I should be able to see with such permission. Was simply editing the config.php file enough or did I miss a step?
      You also have to be given admin permissions in the admincp, you must have your ID in the config file AND you must be in the administrators usergroup AND also have your admin permissions set.

Comment

• Mrs blueskyracer
        • Jul 2009
        • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Zachery
        member.php?u=X change x to the userid thats in the config file.
        Where do you go to run this member.php?u=x"?

Comment

• Mrs blueskyracer
          • Jul 2009
          • 3.8.x

Originally posted by knightdreams
          You also have to be given admin permissions in the admincp, you must have your ID in the config file AND you must be in the administrators usergroup AND also have your admin permissions set.
          I am in administrator user group. At this point I am the only administrator as I purchased an already existing site. I am able to do anything but get into certain sections of the Admin - CP for the site.

I edited the config.php file and now I can't get onto the site I have the following errors upon trying:

Warning: require_once(/home/hydrora/public_html/includes/config.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/hydrora/public_html/global.php on line 13

Fatal error: require_once() [
          function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/hydrora/public_html/includes/config.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/hydrora/public_html/global.php on line 13

Comment

• ChopSuey
            • Apr 2009

Where do you go to run this member.php?u=x"?
            Just visit your user profile. Like heres mine here, http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/member.php?u=256053 <- see the red? Thats my user id.

Comment

• knightdreams
              • Feb 2005
              • 3.8.x

I am in administrator user group. At this point I am the only administrator as I purchased an already existing site. I am able to do anything but get into certain sections of the Admin - CP for the site.
              Then you are not FULL Administrator or you would be able to do anything in the Admincp.

I edited the config.php file and now I can't get onto the site I have the following errors upon trying:

Warning: require_once(/home/hydrora/public_html/includes/config.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/hydrora/public_html/global.php on line 13

Fatal error: require_once() [
              function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/hydrora/public_html/includes/config.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/hydrora/public_html/global.php on line 13
              What did you edit in the config?

Comment

• Mrs blueskyracer
                • Jul 2009
                • 3.8.x

I added my user number to the various areas where it needed to be and then reloaded the config file to the server.

Now I am getting the following error.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function vbp_short_vars() in /home/hydrora/public_html/global.php on line 122

I certainly have not touched a file called global.php I don't even know where it is located.

All I can think to do is install a backup, loose a couple days posts and then run the upgrade all over again.

Comment

• Lynne
                  Former vBulletin Support
                  • Oct 2004

Undo the changes you did to the config.php file and then reupload it.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
                  vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
                  Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
                  If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools &lt;- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• Abomination
                    • Jul 2008

When you edited your config file you made an error, at least that is what happened to me when I got very similar errors yesterday.

Compare the older, or even original, config file to what you have edited. That file is picky about commas, and single quotes being just right.

I'm not sure about the admin permissions issue unless you are referring to the statistics area where special steps need to be taken to see those.

Comment