Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cody1611
    • Jun 2009

Forum Hijacked

My forum has been hijacked. Alright, my name is on the forum program on this website. I had Admin to the forum, me and my Moderator team got into an argument. One of them has Admin and my software is on his server. He changed my Admin status, so I am not longer Admin on the forum and I can't get into the server. How can I get back my forum and keep the posts, members and etc?
  • cellarius
    • Aug 2005
    • 3.8.x

You only own the license for vB, and the other Admin owns the server it is hosted on? Then you have serious trouble. He owns the server, he owns the database. You own the license, but I do not see any way you can force him to give you access to his server and database. You can take the license away, but all they have to do is get their own vB license and reupload the files.

Comment

• EvilAkuma
      • Jan 2005

You're the owner of the vBulletin and you have to ask them to remove it or else.

Their site will be shut down since they don't have a license to run the vBulletin software. I suggest you buy your own server. If you can afford a leased or licensed software. Getting a server shouldn't be hard.
      Last edited by EvilAkuma; Sun 4 Oct '09, 1:50pm.
      Shun Goku Satsu

Comment

• cellarius
        • Aug 2005
        • 3.8.x

As I said: It's even easier to get a vB license and make the old forum perfectly legal. His problem is not to get a new forum running with his old license, but to get the database of the old one to populate it. (BTW, it's leased, not leashed )

Comment

• vB Crew
          • Nov 2007
          • 3.6.x

If you have access to the host control panel and phpmyadmin you can get it.

Comment

• Abomination
            • Jul 2008

Change the name server?

Comment

• beishe8
              • Oct 2005
              • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Abomination
              Change the name server?
              Provided he owns the domain name.

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

• EvilAkuma
                • Jan 2005

Originally posted by cellarius
                As I said: It's even easier to get a vB license and make the old forum perfectly legal. His problem is not to get a new forum running with his old license, but to get the database of the old one to populate it. (BTW, it's leased, not leashed )
                Opps! Silly me.

Well, keep in mind that the person that owns the server removed him and has all the power he needs. To prevent an issue like this in the future; better off with a new server (ability to control it himself).
                Shun Goku Satsu

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...