X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Homeworld'sa
    • Sep 2009
    • 3.8.x

Moderation Queue?

Is there a way to set posts on the Moderation Queue WITHOUT using the vBPromotions part or having new usergroups?
    That's it. If you REALLY can't say ANYTHING nice to me at all on this forum, then I am going to go insanely mad at you. I've had enough of the UNTOLD ABUSE you are all giving me and you should really be CONSIDERATE of other people.
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

You would have to set the appropriate Usergroup permissions.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• cbiweb
      • Apr 2004
      • 4.1.x

Yes, go into the usergroup settings for each group you want to moderate, and find this in the Post / Thread Permissions section:
      Follow Forum Moderation Rules
      If no, posts are always placed into moderation queue
      Change it to "No".
      ~ Life isn't always fair, but you can be. ~

Comment

• Homeworld'sa
        • Sep 2009
        • 3.8.x

I didn't make myself clear. It's only for the first post a user makes. A spambot deterrant that's always worked
        That's it. If you REALLY can't say ANYTHING nice to me at all on this forum, then I am going to go insanely mad at you. I've had enough of the UNTOLD ABUSE you are all giving me and you should really be CONSIDERATE of other people.

Comment

• Steve Machol
          • Jul 2000

There is no way to do that without Promotions and multiple usergroups - or an add-on.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Homeworld'sa
            • Sep 2009
            • 3.8.x

Okay. Thanks anyway.

I'll just have to do it that way.

Comment

• cbiweb
              • Apr 2004
              • 4.1.x

In that case, no, unfortunately. Not sure if there's anything like that at vbulletin.org, but you can ask.

Edit: LOL - I swear I'm not stalking Steve.
              ~ Life isn't always fair, but you can be. ~

Comment

• Homeworld'sa
                • Sep 2009
                • 3.8.x

lol

When a user registers, how do I get them to go straight to the Moderation Usergroup?

Comment

• Steve Machol
                  • Jul 2000

To go straight into that group you would have to turn off email verification:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> User Registration Options -> Verify Email address in Registration -> No

And turn on moderation:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> User Registration Options -> Moderate New Members -> Yes

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• Homeworld'sa
                    • Sep 2009
                    • 3.8.x

I don't want to moderate my members. I want their posts to go to the moderation queue if they make a post after registering or have 0 posts, and the forum staff manages the posts and decides to either approve or disapprove the post. I just want them to register, verify their email, and be moderated with 0 posts. It worked on my older forums before transferring to vB. *confused*

It's a bit like this user is asking (without the email part ) http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showp...38&postcount=1
                    Last edited by Homeworld'sa; Fri 2 Oct '09, 11:21am.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                      • Jul 2000

Then either post #3 or post #5 is still applicable.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• Homeworld'sa
                        • Sep 2009
                        • 3.8.x

Still don't get it. Could someone please explain, in detail, what I should do? I have Autism, so it's hard for me to understand these things.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                          • Jul 2000

1. Set the registered usergroup so that all posts are moderated:

Admin CP -> Usergroups -> Usergroup Manager -> Edit Usergroup -> Follow Forum Moderation Rules -> No

2. Create a new usergroup with the appropriate overall permissions and no moderation:

Admin CP -> Usergroups -> Usergroup Manager -> Add New Usergroup

3. Create a Promotion to promote users that reach this post level to that group:

Admin CP -> Usergroups -> Promotions

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• Homeworld'sa
                            • Sep 2009
                            • 3.8.x

Got it now. Thanks Steve

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...