X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • z0diac
    • Oct 2006

Database error in vBulletin :

Database error in vBulletin :

mysql_connect() [<a href='function.mysql-connect'>function.mysql-connect</a>]: Lost connection to MySQL server at 'reading initial communication packet', system error: 111
    /var/www/vhosts/forum.mydomain.com/httpdocs/includes/class_core.php on line 274

Does anyone know what could cause this 'reading initial communication packet' error or how to fix it?
  • cbiweb
    • Apr 2004
    • 4.1.x

Probably just a glitch with your host's server. The server might have gone down in the middle of a query or something. But if it keeps up, contact your host about it.
    ~ Life isn't always fair, but you can be. ~

Comment

• z0diac
      • Oct 2006

Originally posted by cbiweb
      Probably just a glitch with your host's server. The server might have gone down in the middle of a query or something. But if it keeps up, contact your host about it.
      I am my host It's my own dedicated server at a datacenter.

Comment

• cbiweb
        • Apr 2004
        • 4.1.x

Ah, okay. Not knowing which server software and database software you're running, and not being an expert on server configuration, I did some legwork and found this, which might help.
        ~ Life isn't always fair, but you can be. ~

Comment

• z0diac
          • Oct 2006

Originally posted by cbiweb
          Ah, okay. Not knowing which server software and database software you're running, and not being an expert on server configuration, I did some legwork and found this, which might help.
          THank you very much! Although I can't really make heads or tails of how to navigate that forum they're using, the way threads are shown. They should be using vBulletin!

Comment

• EvilAkuma
            • Jan 2005

Is this a fresh installation?
            Shun Goku Satsu

Comment

• z0diac
              • Oct 2006

Originally posted by EvilAkuma
              Is this a fresh installation?
              No. That's what's confusing about it. Nothing has changed in months. User activity hasn't gone past the max. users limit in awhile either. So I'm not sure what was making it happen.

Comment

• EvilAkuma
                • Jan 2005

Any modification that you installed lately? If so, you'll need to disable one by one and see which one triggers the forum to work proper.
                Shun Goku Satsu

Comment

• z0diac
                  • Oct 2006

Originally posted by EvilAkuma
                  Any modification that you installed lately? If so, you'll need to disable one by one and see which one triggers the forum to work proper.
                  No, no mods have been added in a long time.

I've got it set up now so my tech guy will get the errors if/when they come so hopefully we'll be able to sort it out. If not, he'll be much more qualified to tell me what to ask on this forum

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...