X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • z0diac
    • Oct 2006

Setting of where to send emails upon 'vBulletin Database Error!'

I can't find the setting for this.

I'd like to have all errors emailed to my tech guy, instead of myself. Since I don't know much about mySQL settings and whatnot, and he does.

Does anyone know where the setting is for email address to have errors get sent to?
  • z0diac
    • Oct 2006

Ok, there's this setting:

Webmaster's Email

- Can I enter multiple addresses in here? So one goes to me and one to my tech guy? I really need my tech guy (who's knowledgeable with mySQL) to get the vB dbase error messages.

Comment

• cbiweb
      • Apr 2004
      • 4.1.x

It's in the config.php file on the server. Put the person's addy where I have the sample text in red:

Code:
          //    ****** TECHNICAL EMAIL ADDRESS ******
          //    If any database errors occur, they will be emailed to the address specified here.
          //    Leave this blank to not send any emails when there is a database error.
      $config['Database']['technicalemail'] = '[COLOR=Red][email protected][/COLOR]';
      The email that is put in the ACP where you asked about, your tech guy will get all the new member notifications, contact form submissions, and whatever else the webmaster gets.
      ~ Life isn't always fair, but you can be. ~

Comment

• z0diac
        • Oct 2006

Originally posted by cbiweb
        It's in the config.php file on the server. Put the person's addy where I have the sample text in red:

Code:
            //    ****** TECHNICAL EMAIL ADDRESS ******
            //    If any database errors occur, they will be emailed to the address specified here.
            //    Leave this blank to not send any emails when there is a database error.
        $config['Database']['technicalemail'] = '[COLOR=Red][email protected][/COLOR]';
        The email that is put in the ACP where you asked about, your tech guy will get all the new member notifications, contact form submissions, and whatever else the webmaster gets.
        Thank you !!! I'll go edit that file now. (if I can find it.. .there's a million config files it seems)

ps: vB wish list: having this email entry (tech email) available in ACP

Comment

• z0diac
          • Oct 2006

Question: does anyone know the format (if there is one) to enter multiple addresses in this 'tech email' entry? I'd like to still receive them myself, as well as have the go to my tech guy.

Comment

• Steve Machol
            Former Customer Support Manager
            • Jul 2000

Separate them with a comma.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• z0diac
              • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Steve Machol
              Separate them with a comma.
              Like this:

'[email protected]', '[email protected]'

or..

'[email protected], [email protected]'

?? (ps - thanks for the reply)

Comment

• cbiweb
                • Apr 2004
                • 4.1.x

Keep them all within one set of single quotes, like your second example.
                ~ Life isn't always fair, but you can be. ~

Comment

• z0diac
                  • Oct 2006

Originally posted by cbiweb
                  Keep them all within one set of single quotes, like your second example.
                  Thank you !!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...