X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cbiweb
    • Apr 2004
    • 4.1.x

"Search In Template" is gone in some browsers

There is no "Search In Template" feature in Opera and Chrome. Possibly other browsers as well? I do see it in IE and Firefox. Why the difference?
    ~ Life isn't always fair, but you can be. ~
  • EvilAkuma
    • Jan 2005

Is this a custom skin? If so, he/she didn't code it proper that it's not showing up on those browser.
    Shun Goku Satsu

Comment

• Shadab
      • Nov 2007
      • 3.8.x

@EvilAkuma:

He's probably talking about the AdminCP's Style Manager. (when you open a template for editing)

The on-page search is enabled only for IE and (Mozilla) Firefox.
      It's hardcoded in the print_template_javascript() function in /includes/adminfunctions_template.php

Don't know the reason why.
      The joy of an early release lasts but a short time. The bitterness of an unusable system lasts for years.
      GeekPoint Forum | Articles & Reference

Comment

• EvilAkuma
        • Jan 2005

Like I said, if he's using a custom skin. It still affects the admin panel just so you know. If he's not using the default ones that came along with it.
        Shun Goku Satsu

Comment

• cbiweb
          • Apr 2004
          • 4.1.x

EvilAkuma: Can you tell me how a custom skin could possibly affect the ACP? Unless a coder makes an ACP skin, I can't see how it could be affected. In any case, I made the skin myself, and there's nothing I did that would cause the "Search in Template" disappear in specific browsers.

Shadab: First, thanks for clarifying that I'm talking about the style manager, and for pointing me in a direction. I'll have to check it out and see if I can modify the script to include Chrome and/or Opera. I have a feeling, though, that those browsers may not support the script that I'd need to write. They do lack in some areas in that regard.
          ~ Life isn't always fair, but you can be. ~

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...