Logged out on forumhome but not on any other page with Google Chrome and Safari?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dotcomdotcom
    • Jan 2007

Logged out on forumhome but not on any other page with Google Chrome and Safari?

This problems usually goes away when clicking "Remember me" but still, you shouldnt be loggged out during / in the middle of a session regardless if you click the "Remember me" box or not.

Also, which template should I reset in order to amke it work? Mayeb upgrade to latest VB will make it work?

"I am having this problem with Safari 4.0.3 running on OS X Snow Leopard"

"Im using regular internet explorer. I have better luck using firefox but with explorer, i cant log in. It takes me to the please click her eif your browser doesnt forward you page but then it goes right back to the log in page."

"Im using internet explorer version 8.0.6001.18813. It seems to work better with firefox"
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

1) The user will be automatically logged out if they are inactive for longer than the timeout:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Cookies and HTTP Header Options -> Session Timeout

To resolve this problem you can either increase the timeout or tell your users to check the Remember Me box when they login. That will automatically log them back in when they timeout.

2) Many portals and other addons will modify login forms and links to use full URLs which can cause these kinds of login problems. Sometimes you can fix this by editing the cookie domain:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Cookies and HTTP Header Options

Try using a cookie domain like this (which uses your domain name, including the beginning dot):

.domain.com

That will make it so your forum cookies work from any subdomain of your domain, with or without "www". You will need to log out and login to your forum again for the changes to take effect. You may have to manually delete the cookies from your browser.

3) Or maybe it's a caching problem. Try enabling this:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Cookies and HTTP Header Options -> Add No-Cache HTTP Headers

Comment

• Dotcomdotcom
      • Jan 2007

1 it cant be since it happens automatically.

2. Isnt it a risk of making all already rememebred users to have to relogin?

3. Is it any kind of drwaback using this? For example in read posts, new psots etc for the user? My experience is that chanign soem of thes e things cna be very annoyign for the average user.

Comment

• Dotcomdotcom
        • Jan 2007

And thanks alot for the reply.

Can 3 be implemnted and then disabled withotu too many negative user experiences?

Comment

• Jake Bunce
          • Dec 2000
          • 3.6.x

2) Yes.

3) The only negative effect is that it will increase the number of page requests for the client and server which can increase load.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...