X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EvilAkuma
    • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Jump
    Thanks,

I'm referring to the TITLE tag at the top, not the footer.

If I wanted to remove the footer I could do that too because I purchased the software and am not leasing it, but I only want to edit the title at the top of the browser.

Why would you pay $100.00 a year to lease it when you can own it for $180?

After two years of leasing you would actually lose money.

Thanks for you help...greatly appreciated.
    Let me correct you on the licensed vs leashed.

Leashed are for those who wishes to own a site for a year and see how it goes. If it goes very well, they have the option to pay a small amount of fee to make it a licensed instead of a leashed version.

Now, as for the footer. You cannot remove it if you get the licensed version. You'll have get the Branding Free to remove that.
    Shun Goku Satsu

Comment

• Jump
      • Sep 2009
      • 3.8.x

Hey bigwater! Wow what a story!!! I can't believe it, you must of been so mad. I'm glad you like the site. You should still jump though because there is so much more to jumping than that. Does that mean you are going to join my forum?
      Skydiving Forums - http://www.skydive-info.com/skydiving
      "If you don't know where you are going, you'll end up some place else." - Yogi Berra
      Home - http://www.Skydive-Info.com

Comment

• anthonyparsons
        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Ace
        Actually, removing it from the footer copyright statement is a breach of the EULA.
        Yep... that's how I learnt also Ace. I removed the copyright component as text and replaced it as an image, to stop bots picking up vbulletin sites. I put the copyright back, but forgot to add the date aspect, I think from memory. Got an email just like yours to correct the issue. My fault... but it was great to know exactly what was and what was not required. I just stuffed up and learnt. Jelsoft were very good about it though I believe.

Comment

• cellarius
          • Aug 2005
          • 3.8.x

Originally posted by EvilAkuma
          Let me correct you on the licensed vs leashed.

Leashed are for those who wishes to own a site for a year and see how it goes. If it goes very well, they have the option to pay a small amount of fee to make it a licensed instead of a leashed version.
          Actually, that's not quite accurate and might add to the confusion.

leased license = temporary license, good for 12 months, then has to be bought again or upgraded to an owned license, else forum has to be removed
          owned license = lifetime license, with yearly renewal fee to receive upgrades. The version you have you can use indefinitely.

Both variants, leased and owned, are, of course, licensed - you don't upgrade from leased to licensed.

Additional to whatever license you have, you can buy the branding free option. This is a one time fee that allows you to remove the copyright notice from the footer for the license you bought it for.

Comment

• Jump
            • Sep 2009
            • 3.8.x

Thanks

Hey cellarius,

Thanks for the info and clearing that up for me!!!
            Skydiving Forums - http://www.skydive-info.com/skydiving
            "If you don't know where you are going, you'll end up some place else." - Yogi Berra
            Home - http://www.Skydive-Info.com

Comment

• bigwater
              • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Jump
              Hey bigwater! Wow what a story!!! I can't believe it, you must of been so mad. I'm glad you like the site. You should still jump though because there is so much more to jumping than that. Does that mean you are going to join my forum?
              I won't be jumping any more. From what I understand it hurts pretty bad to jump without a chute. I will be browsing your site from time to time though.
              Anybody who says "it can't be done" will usually be interrupted by somebody who is already doing it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...