• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Newmomsforum
    • Apr 2006
    • 3.6.x

Some images broken when moving board to root

Hi Guys

I recently decided to move my forums from http://www.domain.com/forums to the root of the site (eg. http://www.domain.com).

I've updated the settings in my admincp / Site Name / URL / Contact Details however some of the image paths (eg any of the images residing in images/icons/ are still prefixing the image path with the old url).

Any ideas? Have I missed a setting somewhere?

Cheers

Mark
    Getting Down under | Download2me | Newsgab | Careercraft | Newmomsforum | Freeware Downloads
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

You can update the path for individual post icons in the Icon Manager under Post Icons -> Post Icon Manager.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Newmomsforum
      • Apr 2006
      • 3.6.x

Just to expand on my last post, in my page source I see the path seems to be being set by:

Code:
      set variable for IMGDIR_MISC =
      Any ideas what controls the file path quoted within this variable?

Cheers

Mark
      Getting Down under | Download2me | Newsgab | Careercraft | Newmomsforum | Freeware Downloads

Comment

• Newmomsforum
        • Apr 2006
        • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
        You can update the path for individual post icons in the Icon Manager under Post Icons -> Post Icon Manager.
        Thanks Wayne, that seemed to fix it but was this the only way or could I change the variable as detailed above?

Cheers

Comment

• Wayne Luke
          • Aug 2000

For the Post Icons, you need to change it in the post icon manager.

Code:
          var IMGDIR_MISC = "images/misc";
          This is very specific for the Javascript that controls things like the images for collapsing sections and other miscellaneous images shown and hidden by user actions.

Wayne Luke
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Newmomsforum
            • Apr 2006
            • 3.6.x

Hmm, OK.. looks like my issue is slightly bigger than originally thought as there are still multiple references to my old directory structure in the source.

Does VB Cache the image paths in the Database anywhere?

Anyway to 'flush' these out.

If I removed the file path in the main settings I'm unsure where else VB is grabbing this info from

Cheers

Mark

Comment

• roots549
              • Nov 2008
              • 3.7.x

I'm in the exact same boat.

Playstationworlds.com, just about every post icon is not showing up. I have updated the path from the previous /forums/images, to the correct /images, within the post icons manager, but that seems to only help new posts.

Those blank images are being pulled by some command, I need to find it a fix it, so it no longer looks for a fourms/images directory that no longer exists.

thanks
              eric

Comment

• roots549
                • Nov 2008
                • 3.7.x

solved.

I used the find and replace tool, "/forums/images" replaced with "/images"

No idea which files I changed, in templates, but that took care of it.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                  • Aug 2000

By default all images referenced by vBulletin use either the image path stylevars under Styles & Templates -> Style Manager -> Stylevars (on All Style Options dropdown) or relative paths expecting to find the images in the images subdirectory of your forums.

Certain addons and styles will rename these and you would then have to edit the paths when you move the forums from one directory to another.

Wayne Luke
                  vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...