Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KidCharlemane
    • Apr 2003

RSS Feeds and Thread Creation

Do RSS feeds work correctly in the latest release? Ive set up two Ebay feeds that according to the RSS Feed Manager, have lots of content in them. Problem is, the threads arent getting updated. The task is running, just nothing is getting added.

When I set them up, they ran initially and added content. Since then, nothing has been added. Here is the URL for one of the feeds.

If I reset the last time checked, it adds content, FYI.
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

Are you getting any errors in your error_logs (if you don't know where they are, ask your host) when the cron job to import the rss feeds run?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• Jake Bunce
      • Dec 2000
      • 3.6.x

Originally posted by KidCharlemane
      If I reset the last time checked, it adds content, FYI.
      Then that is probably the problem. How often are your feeds set to be checked:

Admin CP -> RSS Feeds -> RSS Feed Manager -> Edit

The task runs every 10 minutes, but it will only check feeds that are due to be checked.

Comment

• KidCharlemane
        • Apr 2003

Its set to check every 30 minutes. I have the maximum number of items to fetch set as 0.. I was assuming that would just fetch all the items that are new.

I dont see anything in /var/cron.. not sure if they would be elsewhere or not.
        Last edited by KidCharlemane; Mon 28 Sep '09, 12:30pm.

Comment

• Zachery
          Former vBulletin Support
          • Jul 2002

Unless specified, 0 means 0.

Comment

• KidCharlemane
            • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Zachery
            Unless specified, 0 means 0.
            Well, I changed the number to 50 and it still shows the task is being run but nothing is being imported. if I tick the "Last time Checked" box, it imports like it should but after that, it will no longer import.

Any ideas? Any place I could look for errors as to what could be going on? Obviously the feed is good since it works perfect if you reset "Last Time Checked"

Comment

• Lynne
              Former vBulletin Support
              • Oct 2004

You can check your error_logs and see if anything is in them at the time the rssposter task gets run. (If you don't know where they are, you should ask your host.)

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
              vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
              Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
              If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...