X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HeWatchesOverUs
    • Aug 2009
    • 3.8.x

~ Administrator Signature Not Showing ~

Ok, now when I go to my user Admin and attached a signature that I have created it only shows in the AdminCP, but does not show up in the Admin profile or on posts either.

Now I have also created a Super Moderator profile for myself on my forum and went into the profile and added a signature and it's showing in the Profile and also in the posts.

So I'm wondering why it shows in the Super Moderator, but not in the Administrators. Now all settings to my knowledge as still set to default so I really haven't changed many settings, but I'm sure something is being over looked. But one thing that I have noticed is that I don't have the "Show my signature" box. So hmmmmmmmmm

If anyone an help with this issue, it would be much appreciated! Thanks for your time.
  • Eidolon
    • May 2009
    • 3.8.x

Check in your usercp that you have enabled you signature to be shown in posts.
    usercp/edit options
    scrolldown to 'Thread Display Option', here you have a radio button for showing signature, click it and scrolldown and save settings.

*edit*
    You may also want to check usergroup permissions in the admin panel for administrators, you may have accidentally turned off permissions for sig's.

Comment

• HeWatchesOverUs
      • Aug 2009
      • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Eidolon
      Check in your usercp that you have enabled you signature to be shown in posts.
      usercp/edit options
      scrolldown to 'Thread Display Option', here you have a radio button for showing signature, click it and scrolldown and save settings.
      Already checked in box!

*edit*
      You may also want to check usergroup permissions in the admin panel for administrators, you may have accidentally turned off permissions for sig's.
      Everything is checked on yes!

Still having the issue..........

Comment

• Lorraine-H
        • Sep 2009
        • 3.8.x

I had the exact same problem on a recent installation and found that after uploading your signature picture, it shows it under a heading of "Your Current Signature Picture" but doesn't appear in the "Edit Signature" box so you have to click on the link for "Insert Signature Picture" alongside the picture for it to appear in the "Edit Signature" box. This then puts [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] in the "Edit Signature" box so then save your signature. It seems that until you do this you don't have a signature which is why the option for "Show your signature" isn't showing and it doesn't appear on your profile either.

On a previous installation for another forum I have earlier this month it shows the actual picture in the Edit Signature box rather than the [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]code - and I'm sure with that I just loaded the signature image and didn't have to load it then insert it. I don't know why the latest installation is different to the one done earlier this month.
        Last edited by Lorraine-H; Thu 24 Sep '09, 9:40am.

Comment

• Nyenius
          • Jun 2012
          • 4.0.x

Originally posted by HeWatchesOverUs
          Already checked in box!

Everything is checked on yes!

Still having the issue..........
          I have the same exact problem as above on my vb 4.0.2 installation. Any solution?

Comment

• Zachery
            Former vBulletin Support
            • Jul 2002

If you're running 4.0.2 you should really upgrade to 4.1.12 or 4.2.0 first before spending too much time troubleshooting/.

Comment

• Matthew Gordon
              • May 2002
              • 1.1.x

Originally posted by Nyenius
              I have the same exact problem as above on my vb 4.0.2 installation. Any solution?
              If you just added a signature and didn't have one before, you'll have to edit any posts you made in the past and check the Show your signature box for each post. It automatically defaults to unchecked and isn't shown when you don't have a signature.

Comment