Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blairwarlock
    • Nov 2001

forum_rules_description & registration

What's the difference between the above phrases? In other, when and where is each displayed? I gathered forum_rules_registration is displayed when you first register and forum_rules_description is shown whenever you click the "Forum Rules" link from within the forum (ie, http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/misc.php?do=showrules)?

The problem I'm having is that forum_rules_description shows up correctly, but forum_rules_registration when displayed, shows BOTH the text from forum_rules_registration AND forum_rules_description. Is this supposed to be happening? I have customized both of the above phrases so having them combined is not ideal. If this is by design, can someone explain the logic. Thanks.
    Last edited by Blairwarlock; Fri 18 Sep '09, 12:36am.
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

Both phrases are used during registration. Only the description one is used on the help pages.

Comment

• Blairwarlock
      • Nov 2001

Originally posted by Jake Bunce
      Both phrases are used during registration. Only the description one is used on the help pages.
      Ok still doesn't make sense to me why this is the case. Why not just have one? Is there a way to get around this?

Comment

• dwkmi
        • Aug 2009
        • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Blairwarlock
        Is there a way to get around this?
        Delete the text from the one not used on the help pages.

Comment

• Blairwarlock
          • Nov 2001

Originally posted by dwkmi
          Delete the text from the one not used on the help pages.
          But if you do that and click the "Forum Rules" link from the forums, you get a page with no text so that doesn't really help.

Again, I just don't understand the reasoning behind this. If I did maybe I can resolve it, but I want the text in the registration page to also show up in the description page and vice-versa and it seems that's not possible currently without repeating the text on the registration page.

Comment

• Jake Bunce
            • Dec 2000
            • 3.6.x

You could edit the templates directly to change the phrase references:

Admin CP -> Styles & Templates -> Search in Templates

Search for "forum_rules_description". That should find both of the templates.

Comment

• Blairwarlock
              • Nov 2001

Originally posted by Jake Bunce
              You could edit the templates directly to change the phrase references:

Admin CP -> Styles & Templates -> Search in Templates

Search for "forum_rules_description". That should find both of the templates.
              Ok. I will try that and I suppose just reference one template and not two. Thanks.

Comment