X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Drocr
    • Feb 2008
    • 3.6.x

Help,

okay one of my users cant access the forum, but they can access the main site. All she is getting is a blank white screen. she tried different browsers, refreshing, logging off and back in, all with no luck. but everyone else is fine, any suggestions?
  • beishe8
    • Oct 2005
    • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Drocr
    okay one of my users cant access the forum, but they can access the main site. All she is getting is a blank white screen. she tried different browsers, refreshing, logging off and back in, all with no luck. but everyone else is fine, any suggestions?
    Clear her browser.
    Use another browser.

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

• Drocr
      • Feb 2008
      • 3.6.x

she used a different browser but its still not showing up

its white and the bottom says done and the header instead of having the site name has a url

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

Try logging in as this user to see if you have the same problem. If you don't, then the cause is somewhere on their end. It's impossible to know exactly what it is but some possibilities are: browsers, browser settings, cookies being blocked, Internet and security settings, ISP and/or cache issues, firewalls, ad-blockers, spyware, proxies and any other application that affects Internet content.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Drocr
          • Feb 2008
          • 3.6.x

well i logged in as her but it worked for me, she said she tried fixing everything and still cant see the forum

Comment

• Steve Machol
            • Jul 2000

This means the problem is on her end. Other than give her the list of things to check there really isn't much you can do.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Drocr
              • Feb 2008
              • 3.6.x

okay but now i have another member saying the forum says

Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in [path]/includes/functions_editor.php on line 93

but I dont even see that in my ftp

Comment

• Drocr
                • Feb 2008
                • 3.6.x

I now have yet another member that only sees a blank screen!

Comment

• beishe8
                  • Oct 2005
                  • 4.2.X

[path]/includes/functions_editor.php on line 93

but I dont even see that in my ftp
                  That supposed to be there.
                  Somehow it has been deleted,perhaps with a few more files,that's why are there those strange screens.

Comment

• Drocr
                    • Feb 2008
                    • 3.6.x

If it got deleted how can I get it back?

Is it suppose to be in forum/includes/fuctions_editor.php?
                    Cause its not and I have no clue how to get it back

Comment

• beishe8
                      • Oct 2005
                      • 4.2.X

If it got deleted how can I get it back?

Is it suppose to be in forum/includes/fuctions_editor.php?
                      Cause its not and I have no clue how to get it back
                      It is in your computer's harddisk hopefully.
                      Upload it from there with your FTP client.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                        • Jul 2000

To troubleshoot this, first reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file. Then run 'Suspect File Versions' in Diagnostics to make sure you have all the original files for your version and that none show 'File does not contain expected contents':

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

[Note: In some cases you may also need to remove any of the listed .xml files in the includes/xml directory.]

Next, disable all plugins.

Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

Then if you still have this problem, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Ten have these members empty their browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure they change to the new style and view your forums with it.

Do you they the same problem?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• Drocr
                          • Feb 2008
                          • 3.6.x

I can no longer access my forum, but the main site works fine, I did disable all add-ons but I cant get into the admincp to see the suspect file versions

Comment

• Steve Machol
                            • Jul 2000

What happens exactly and what have you done so far?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• Drocr
                              • Feb 2008
                              • 3.6.x

Well it started about a month ago when I was the only one getting a white page after I posted, but I just go back a page and refresh and it always came back. I recently installed a new skin. Same way I install all skins. And after a while someone said they couldnt log into AB. that it was just a white page and the bottom of the browser said "Done" and the header for the site didn't have Anime Blend it had the URL instead.

^The main site works.

^The forums do not.

After I logged out the site only loaded a blank page for me, that was about an hour ago. Now I cant access the forums at all, nor can I access the admin CP because of this.

I have went into Maintenance in the Admin CP before and it had some things in there that said "Not recognized as VB software" or something, but those have been like that since I can remember. And this didn't happen. There was something else I that I think said it was outdated, but it was also there before all this as well.

I then went into config.php and I added define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true); after the php thing and all my add-ons were disabled, I checked the forum but I still got a white page.

I added the 'tools.php' to my directory and updated everything and checked the forums and it was still a white page. I can't access it at all.

I have messaged my Host and they said that forums/misc.php was the cause of a heavy load or something. I checked it but I have no idea whats wrong with that code.

Could I just upload the misc.php that is from the original VB 3.8.3 pack or is mine edited differently?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...