X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cbiweb
    • Apr 2004
    • 4.1.x

No 3.8 manual?

I've just noticed there is no download for a 3.8 manual. The most recent is for 3.7?
    ~ Life isn't always fair, but you can be. ~
  • HMBeaty
    • Mar 2005

3.7 and 3.8 are very similar, why would there be a need for a manual for 3.8?
    "Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time!"
    "It's important to only think about what you desire, not what you fear to achieve your ultimate goal!!"
    "When doors close, tear down the walls. Never give up!"

Comment

• cbiweb
      • Apr 2004
      • 4.1.x

uh huh. Using that logic, why is there a need for the online manuals for 3.8.0, 3.8.1 PL1, 3.8.2, 3.8.3 and 3.8.4?

It would be nice to have the downloadable version like they have for 5, 6, and 7.

Comment

• AlShammari
        • Jul 2007
        • 3.6.x

yes they should update the 3.7 downloadable manual for the new things in 3.8.

Comment

• cbiweb
          • Apr 2004
          • 4.1.x

I'm guessing 4.0 is close enough that making the 3.8 manual downloadable is pointless now?

Comment

• Floris
            • Dec 2001

I don't expect a 4.x manual until it goes 'stable', and I think there's certainly use for a 3.8 manual until it's officially announced EOL. And then still, there is legacy support, where a manual is very suitable, especially for those sites who don't desire to upgrade to 4.x branch.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...