X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FloridaIdeal
    • Jul 2002

Sending via Gmail - Suspended because of Spam :(

Hello all

I recently discovered Google Apps and Gmail and being able to filter my incoming and outgoing mail through it which has been working great for me so far with no spam at all in my other accounts!

Anyway I discovered that Vbulletin is able to send out via Gmail by filling in some fields in the VB Options Email option in Control Panel, it was working great for around 24hrs then I discovered that the user on Gmail that I had setup for the forum has been "Suspended by Gmail for Abuse"

So I speak to Gmail and they said this "As it turns out, the issue with '[email protected]' is that several of the emails you send out were marked as spam by the recipients. We have an automated abuse tracking mechanism, and it triggered the filters for your user as suspicious.

Since you're not up against the sending limits, I would recommend checking your email lists, so that the folks who receive your messages do not mark them as spam in Gmail."

I am not really sure what to do right now as I really would like to continue with Gmail as it was working perfectly till this happen.

Can anyone please offer any advise to help me try sort out these problems?

Thank you very much

Stuart
  • Reeve of Shinra
    • Sep 2001

Not much you can do -- some people are stupid and rather than unsubscribe, they report as spam as they feel its easier.
    Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

• FloridaIdeal
      • Jul 2002

Thanks for the quick reply, is there anyway of doing a bulk unsubscribe for all users on the forum, will have to post a message asking members to resubscribe to threads etc but it might help with the spam issues google mentioned?

Comment

• Reeve of Shinra
        • Sep 2001

You can do it in the admincp - under maintence tools I believe.

You may also want to edit the templates used to sent out the emails and add a big red links:

CLICK HERE TO UNSUBSCRIBE TO THREAD
        CLICK HERE TO UNSUBSCRIBE TO FORUM

Just be careful as Google may not re-enable you again. They are... wierd at times.
        Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

• FloridaIdeal
          • Jul 2002

Thanks for the reply, I took a look under mainternace but can't see anything to unsubscribe all, any ideas anyone?

Great idea about the new links in emails, this hopefully should help stop some of the issues.

Anyone else ever had problems like this or use Gmail to send email out?

Thank you

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...