X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kensino
    • Sep 2007
    • 3.8.x

Disable Colors

How can I disable colors in posts, and in blogs, etc. I want to disable colors in every place but signatures.

I hate when people change colors because then if I choose a new style with a different color background, you can't see any of the text in posts.

Signatures can all be updated by the user with one click so I don't care about them.
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> BB Code Settings -> Enabled Built-in BB Code Tags

Comment

• Kensino
      • Sep 2007
      • 3.8.x

But does this still allow them to use color in signatures?

Comment

• Jake Bunce
        • Dec 2000
        • 3.6.x

I think that disables it everywhere. But there are separate permissions for signature markup that you can try enabling:

Admin CP -> Usergroups -> Usergroup Manager -> Edit Usergroup -> Signature Permissions

Otherwise there is no feature to disable those posting codes only in posts.

Comment

• webtracker
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Jake Bunce
          Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> BB Code Settings -> Enabled Built-in BB Code Tags
          Jake, one question. By disabling the color code using your method, what happens to those posts that already contain that BB color markup?

I recall doing this before and all posts where the user(s) used BB color markup where left looking something like this:

[_COLOR=Blue]THIS IS SOMETHING THAT WAS COLORED BUT NOW ISN'T[_/COLOR]

Is there a way to later remove all BB color markup from the posts?

Thanks!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...