X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kensino
    • Sep 2007
    • 3.8.x

Thanks.

Sorry for being a jurk, I know vB is the best but I was really pissed. I didn't have time to make it over again. I'm not an expert in web design but I have written a few programs and one of the things I remember is that you can save data like that between pages in a cache. I don't remember how but I'm sure the vB developers could figure it out. Maybe something they could try to include.

I normally try to type things in Word before that way I have a file copy too of important stuff but this was just something that poped into my head for no reason, and I sat down to write it right away before I forgot. After typing and formatting for over an hour I was glad to be done and mindlessly pressed the save button... thinking it would save. But it gave me an error saying I didn't have permission to post or something. I pressed back button to try and save the text but it was completely gone.

I wrote the article again already and its actually better the second time, but it was still annoying.

I do click the remember me button I don't know why I keep getting logged out randomly. I'm wondering if it might even be my virus program because it keeps telling me that it deleted a tracking cooking all the time.

Another thing, might be to create vB so that if you are typing you dont get logged out. vB would take typing as a activity so it wouldn't log you out. IDK if that is possible or not.

Comment

• hitmancode47
      • Jul 2008
      • 3.8.x

(Depending on some browsers) if you have the "Clear cookies and cache on browser exit" that can cause the problem you are describing.

Either that, or you may need to clear your cookies and cache (Cant remember which one the password is stored in)

and if that dont work, then err.. possibly a issue with your forums.

Now, who is going to pay me to spend another 1.5 hours writting the article over again? I think I should get a discount on my next license renewal. That's complete crap. I'm so pissed, and I have every right to be.
      That made me laugh lol.
      Jut a random internet person.

A message to all illegal users!

Comment