X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Joovilhar
    • Jan 2005

Default font style in code block / php block / html block

Hi,

I have been trying to figure out how to set the default font used by the code block. I am using the TechTwo skin on my forum, but every time I need to post a code block, I have to set the font manually to (preferably) Courier, as the code needs to be in a non-proportional font. Of course, if my visitors want this behaviour, they have to do the same also.

Is there an easy way to have this done automatically, when a code, php or html block is selected? I have trawled through the template code, but the only reference to a font I can see is the SmallFont (which obviously is not the font used in the actual code block.) Is this an style sheet inheritance issue? What is the best way of adjusting the behaviour for code / php / html block text, without affecting the rest of my forum?

My forum is at http://www.sunwcall.com - any assistance would be greatly appreciated, as I have tried searching the web and reading the vBulletin manual - but I haven't found this topic directly mentioned by anyone.
  • Joovilhar
    • Jan 2005

While I am on the subject of code/php/html blocks...

...I have one more question:

The width of the code, php or html block can easily be adjusted in the StyleVars section, but I would like to how how I can adjust the length - preferably to auto (so it generates no scrollbars, given enough screen real estate - we sysadmins hate anything that hinders our ability to cut and paste.)

There does not appear to be an option in StyleVars for length. Does anyone know the best way to set the behaviour so it is the same as "auto"?

Comment