• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • R1-Limited
    • Oct 2008
    • 3.8.x

Selective Email Banning or Allow

I have an issue, a possible member contacted me regarding registration

I have the word sex in the email banning list along with aggressive email banning set yes.

This persons company / domain is his last name starting with sex.

VB rejects this, I do not want to remove sex from the list, is there anyway around this to allow an email address to be ok by VB with the options set as I do?

for example

Allow this user
    abc@sex????????.???

I do not see how I can do this without disabling aggressive banning or adding the user myself as admin

This also alarms me, how many have tried to register and are regected. I guess I can turn aggressive of for now and see what happens
    Last edited by R1-Limited; Wed 9 Sep '09, 8:57am.
    http://www.NorCalSportRiders.com
    Best of the Northern tribes
  • cellarius
    • Aug 2005
    • 3.8.x

You always can add the user manually in AdminCP.

Comment

• R1-Limited
      • Oct 2008
      • 3.8.x

I understand that, but,

The limitation and or issue this presents is simple enough and may cause issue with subscribers trying to register as in this case. I wonder how many have been turned away/rejected ?

So to play the devils advocate here:

Lets say as the example is a user(s) has sex in their name examples Sexton

As stipulated I have aggressive set yes and the word sex in the email ban

Effectively this will block and reject any domain name email with the word sex in it.

I have three alternatives
      1. Turn off Aggressive Email
      2. Remove sex from the ban list
      3. Add user manually (How do you know if they are rejected)

Sure the argument may be that the user if they want in will use another email, but that is not the point.

In my opinion there should be an ALLOWED email list if it conflicts with the Banned Emails / Aggressive

In this case I could set if I had knowledge of @sexton?????.??? as allowed if verified as I have in this one...
      http://www.NorCalSportRiders.com
      Best of the Northern tribes

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...