• Show
Clear All
  • KingAdil
    • Mar 2009
    • 3.8.x

Error in my forum

Hi there

I am getting an error when i try to log in to my admin page

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ')' in /hermes/*****/***/*******/htdocs/ar/admin***/index.php on line 92

and on the home page

it is getting redirected and i get Page not found

hope to get help from experts
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

That is due to a modification. To troubleshoot this, first reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file. Then run 'Suspect File Versions' in Diagnostics to make sure you have all the original files for your version and that none show 'File does not contain expected contents':

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

[Note: In some cases you may also need to remove any of the listed .xml files in the includes/xml directory.]

Next, disable all plugins.

Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

Then if you still have this problem, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it.

Do you have the same problem?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• KingAdil
      • Mar 2009
      • 3.8.x

ok i tried to upgrade to the latest version from 3.8.3 to 3.8.4 and it is not accepting my customer number it bringing it to the same page again and again

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

The only reasons the customer number won't work are:

1. You are not using the correct number (don't use the license number.)

2. You are not using the correct files for the license under that account.

3. You are blocking cookies.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• KingAdil
          • Mar 2009
          • 3.8.x

you right i was butting the licence number instate of the customer number.

now i finish with the upgrade and when i went to the Maintenance -> Diagnostics i am getting now this error

"Database error
          The database has encountered a problem.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:
          •Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
          •Open the www.aaakingdom.com home page, then try to open another page.
          •Click the Back button to try another link.

The www.aaakingdom.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience."

Comment

• KingAdil
            • Mar 2009
            • 3.8.x

ok i restored back the files of 3 days and i did all the steps you mentioned above and it worked specially after adding the file define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

now should i remove that line or what should i do?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...