• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BabyDesigner
    • Mar 2009
    • 3.8.x

Editing Navbar?

Hey,
    How do I edit my navbar, to remover calendar and community and replace them with 'home' and 'forum'?
    I have done a search here to find existing threads, but I cant seem to find any of the codes in the navbar templates, so Im really confused.
    Hope some one can help
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

If you are using the default style, then all the links are in the navbar template and look like this:
    HTML Code:
    <td class="vbmenu_control"><a href="calendar.php$session[sessionurl_q]">$vbphrase[calendar]</a></td>
    You can always try a Search in Templates for "calendar.php" or similar.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools &lt;- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• BabyDesigner
      • Mar 2009
      • 3.8.x

Thank you I have some one helping me with this. My navbar turns out to be in my header template, not m navbar template. Who would have thought LOL.

Comment

• Lynne
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Oct 2004

Originally posted by BabyDesigner
        Thank you I have some one helping me with this. My navbar turns out to be in my header template, not m navbar template. Who would have thought LOL.
        Actually, for some reason, it seems a lot of the style designers like to move it to the header template. I don't know why, but I have found this to be true. (Although, some will also leave the dropdown menus in the navbar template, which again I don't understand why.)

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

Comment

• BabyDesigner
          • Mar 2009
          • 3.8.x

OK I think I might still need help.
          While the kid that was helping me got the navbar changed and stuff, its messed up the background and now looks unfinished. Not sure how to describe it but if you view my forum you will be able to see it, any ideas how to fix that? Either to finish the border and get rid of the white behind it, or to get rid of theborder and the green background of the navbar.

Comment

• Lynne
            Former vBulletin Support
            • Oct 2004

Your navbar looks fine to me (in firefox), so I'm not sure what you think is wrong.

Comment

• BabyDesigner
              • Mar 2009
              • 3.8.x

Yeah i fixed it thank you

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...