X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nadeemjp
    • Sep 2008

Additional Groups do not inherit permissions

hi there
    I have lately introduced the promotion system by which if a user crosses a specific number of posts, is promoted to a higher user group.

i also have certain forums privately held where nto everyone can go but only those whom i permit.

before introducing the promotion system, i used to check the additional group to a user and that user was able to visit that particular forum.now i am having problem because checking additional group may change the appearance (html codes driven) but does not give the rights of access to a particular forum where the group has the rights. The user doesnt get any additional access but for the primary group accesses only. i dont know what is wrong, but could someone help?

thanks
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

In order for secondary group memberships to have any effect on permissions, the primary group(s) in question must have this option enabled:

Admin CP -> Usergroups -> Usergroup Manager -> Edit Usergroup -> Allow Users to have Member Groups

If this option is not enabled for the primary group(s) in question, then secondary groups will have no effect on permissions.

Comment

• Nadeemjp
      • Sep 2008

ahhan thanx the problem is solved

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...