X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Almokla
    • Apr 2009

New thread icon problem

Hi,

I'm not sure how to explain this with my poor english but please bear with me..

Here is my problem in steps:

1. Login to the forum's main page (let's assume theres only one new thread)
    2. I click on the specific forum section which shows that there's a new thread
    3. i click on the thread, read it, and even reply to it
    4. I click on the forum root "Main page"

It will still show me that the "specific forum" has new threads/posts. I will have to click on that specific forum again, which will show that there are no new posts then click back at the "main page" only then it will show me that there are no new posts..

so basically I will have to work my way backwards to the main page of the forum every time I view/reply to a new thread so it won't show me that there's a new post..

now imagine if I have subforums? I will have to wark my way all the way to the main page..

is this a common problem?

sorry for the lengthy explanation
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

That is normal for some read marking systems. Use the database read marking system with automatic forum marking:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> General Settings -> Thread/Forum Read Marking Type

Comment

• Almokla
      • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Jake Bunce
      That is normal for some read marking systems. Use the database read marking system with automatic forum marking:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> General Settings -> Thread/Forum Read Marking Type

so this option "Database (automatic forum marking)" is the most accurate I can say?

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

Yes.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Almokla
          • Apr 2009

Many many many thanks

those silly things makes the biggest differences.. and thanks for the great support

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...