• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cloferba
    • Apr 2009
    • 3.8.x

a vbulletin virus?

i have a very big problem:

i havfe a forum where me and a friend are administrators..

my friend told me that yesterday..he saw a download button at the admin panel, (to update vbulletin version), he clicked that button and then...the forum doesnt work well...

for example..nobody can make a post because the sistem display a message wich says "you need to write more caracters"..but i wrote a few!

i dont know..vbulletin always must be updated by download it at the official page...i´ve never seen an advertisement saying "update your vbulletin version!" and a download button :s

can anybody view my forum and search for a virus or a vbulletin bug?

please help me...is a big forum with lot of users...but the forum is not operative because this error

thank you very much
    vBulletin Services I offer: www.Todo10.com
    Technical vB/Server/Hosting support Service also!
  • Simon Lloyd
    • Apr 2008
    • 3.7.x

You would be better off opening a support ticket for this issue
    Kind regards,
    Simon
    Microsoft Office Discussion

Comment

• steven s
      • Jul 2004
      • 3.8.x

Sounds like there is more to the story.

Everyone will get news in their admin section until dismissed.
      HTML Code:
      vBulletin 3.8.4 have been released for all customers to download from the vBulletin Members' Area. This is primarily a scheduled maintenance / bug fix release, rather than an introduction of new features.

We recommend that all customers running prior versions of vBulletin 3.8 upgrade to benefit from bug fixes and stability improvements. 

For more information, see the vBulletin 3.8.4 Release Announcement.
      Is the forum up?
      ...steven
      www.318ti.org (vB3.8) | www.nccbmwcca.org (vB4.2)
      bmwcca.org/forum | m135i.net
      "I tried to clean this up but this thread is beyond redemption." - Steve Machol

Comment

• Exactservers
        • Aug 2009
        • 3.8.x

post the site silly do you think we are physic

Comment

• steven s
          • Jul 2004
          • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Exactservers
          post the site silly do you think we are physic
          psychic
          ...steven
          www.318ti.org (vB3.8) | www.nccbmwcca.org (vB4.2)
          bmwcca.org/forum | m135i.net
          "I tried to clean this up but this thread is beyond redemption." - Steve Machol

Comment

• Jose Amaral Rego
            • Feb 2005
            • 1.1.x

Forum is closed... and so far I do not see a virus coming though and the download link is most likely shown in 'For Your Information' or top page of Admin CP. You have to at least post this error or capture an image of the screen that shows this error.

Your other Admin might of edit this..
            Admin CP > vBulletin Options > vBulletin Options > Message Posting and Editing Options -> Minimum Characters Per Post : (10) Default

Comment

• cloferba
              • Apr 2009
              • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Simon Lloyd
              You would be better off opening a support ticket for this issue
              i will do that , thank you

Originally posted by Jose Amaral Rego
              Forum is closed... and so far I do not see a virus coming though and the download link is most likely shown in 'For Your Information' or top page of Admin CP. You have to at least post this error or capture an image of the screen that shows this error.

Your other Admin might of edit this..
              Admin CP > vBulletin Options > vBulletin Options > Message Posting and Editing Options -> Minimum Characters Per Post : (10) Default
              no way...i set 10 minimum characters, but i wrote much more but the error still..

thank you very much for all

Comment

• cloferba
                • Apr 2009
                • 3.8.x

new news....

i´ve just disable the minimum characters at the admincp...but the problem persist

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 1 characters.
                ¬¬...

something is working wrong (or not working xD)

Comment

• Steve Machol
                  Former Customer Support Manager
                  • Jul 2000

I have already responded to your support ticket. This is due to an add-on. Please follow the instructions in that ticket.
                  Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                  Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• cloferba
                    • Apr 2009
                    • 3.8.x

thank you for fast reply..but the problem still

Comment

• cloferba
                      • Apr 2009
                      • 3.8.x

support answered me:
                      That error is due to a modification you installed.

Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);
                      so...i´ve disabled all plugins and the problem continues...that means that the problem is not on a modification or files (i´ve remplaced all files with original files)...i think the problem is vb...

i see im not the only person who has this problem

this post

with too many users with the same problem..has no answer..

and now,..i see im not able to align center/left..or press any button from the editor...

whats happening hellsoft? i love vbulletin boards..but this is a very bad situation

Comment

• Lynne
                        Former vBulletin Support
                        • Oct 2004

Originally posted by cloferba
                        support answered me:

so...i´ve disabled all plugins and the problem continues...that means that the problem is not on a modification or files (i´ve remplaced all files with original files)...i think the problem is vb...

i see im not the only person who has this problem

this post

with too many users with the same problem..has no answer..

and now,..i see im not able to align center/left..or press any button from the editor...

whats happening hellsoft? i love vbulletin boards..but this is a very bad situation
                        Chill, dude. If this was a problem with the software, there would be many, many threads about it besides that old one you just linked to.

Once you start a ticket, you should continue to work on the issue through that ticket, not the forums. It is too difficult for the support personal to keep track of both the thread and the ticket at the same time.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
                        vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
                        Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
                        If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools &lt;- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• cloferba
                          • Apr 2009
                          • 3.8.x

ok..if i have good answer by ticket support i´ll write it here...

however..the problem seems to be important..because it still after rewrite files..disable plugins..and using default skin...

the people here can discuss and evaluate other possibilities than vbulletin support maybe might forget..thats makes the forum a very good place to write things like my problem

Comment

• Lynne
                            Former vBulletin Support
                            • Oct 2004

Believe me, they have forgotten more about vbulletin than the rest of us know (thanks, Wayne!). They are very good at what they do. If we made a suggestion and you tried it and it went against what they are trying to do, you will just screw up your board more. Let them continue to look into it and I'm sure they will figure it out.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
                            vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
                            Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
                            If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools &lt;- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• Steve Machol
                              Former Customer Support Manager
                              • Jul 2000

Please either stick to the support ticket or this thread - not both.

Note: I would have checked furhter but the login info you provided did not work.
                              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...