X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kensino
    • Sep 2007
    • 3.8.x

Are vBulletin Images Copyright?

Are all the images and icons, buttons, etc... that came with my vBulletin copyright or can I use them to make the rest of my website?

I like the colors on the forum and I want to use all the graphics that came with my vBulletin to make the pages and software that will run on my website. So everything looks the same.

Some people at vBulletin.org said I can't use the graphics.
  • Mark.B
    vBulletin Support
    • Feb 2004
    • 6.0.X

Originally posted by Kensino
    Are all the images and icons, buttons, etc... that came with my vBulletin copyright or can I use them to make the rest of my website?

I like the colors on the forum and I want to use all the graphics that came with my vBulletin to make the pages and software that will run on my website. So everything looks the same.

Some people at vBulletin.org said I can't use the graphics.
    My understanding of this is that it's ok to use them on the rest of your site on that domain, as long as you have a valid license and the correct vBulletin copyright text is displayed.

I'm sure I've seen this answer given somewhere on here before as well.

But I'd wait to hear from the team officially.
    MARK.B
    vBulletin Support
    ------------
    My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
    My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• Kensino
      • Sep 2007
      • 3.8.x

So I have to put the vBulletin copyright on every page of my website?

Comment

• wda2015
        • May 2001

i would think not.. unless the page is using vb code to display it then yes.
        Simple Straight Forward EU cPanel vBulletin Web Hosting Provider.

Comment

• Kensino
          • Sep 2007
          • 3.8.x

I just want my website to look the same as my forum. I made my company logo using the same colors as the forum default style. I want to use the graphics to make my pages look like vbulletin too.

I think vBulletin is closed today because its Sunday. Maybe they will respond tomorrow.

Comment

• Steve Machol
            Former Customer Support Manager
            • Jul 2000

You can only use vB copyrighted images on vB pages. In cases of add-ons we do allow some leniency but only if the vB copyright info is included.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Kensino
              • Sep 2007
              • 3.8.x

Are all the images copyright? I really don't need the buttons because they say the wrong text on them, but I was mainly interested in the gradients that vB uses for table headings and colors. So I can have the same color theme on my website.

It doesn't make since to have vB on your website if you can't intergrate it some how with the colors and look of your website. I don't have the time or expierence to create a new style for vB from scratch. So I need to use the same graidents that came with vB. I guess I don't need to use the buttons, smilies, or other random icons. I just want to use the graident files, so I can copy the color theme on my other pages.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                Former Customer Support Manager
                • Jul 2000

AFAIK all the images provided by vB are copyrighted and should be treated as such.
                Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Mark.B
                  vBulletin Support
                  • Feb 2004
                  • 6.0.X

I used to have an IE6 privacy policy page (it's probably still about somewhere) which I had to create in a vB-like style using vB gradient. It was some years ago, but I was told it was ok to do as long as the normal copyright text was used.
                  MARK.B
                  vBulletin Support
                  ------------
                  My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
                  My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• Kensino
                    • Sep 2007
                    • 3.8.x

Ugh. I head like a year ago they were making a CMS for vBulletin version 4.0. But it never got released and I haven't heard anything on it since then, so I'm guessing its a dead project.

Then I would be using all of the vB images on my entire website.

I guess I have no idea how to intergrate vB into my website. I don't know how to make a style on my own. Even if I get a style from vbulletin.org I still can't use the images in my general web pages.

I wish vBulletin was more userfriendly in the intergration department. I wish that CMS or what ever it was would have came through. :-( I think its the best forum in the world. But it has never intergrated into your website very easily. Not unless you are an expert in PHP/CSS, etc... I know some of both, but vB just confuses me.

I wish there was a tutorial on how to create your own style.

Comment

• Paul M
                      Former Lead Developer
                      vB.Com & vB.Org
                      • Sep 2004

Ugh. I head like a year ago they were making a CMS for vBulletin version 4.0. But it never got released and I haven't heard anything on it since then, so I'm guessing its a dead project.
                      Not dead at all. vBulletin 4 will have a CMS available for it.
                      Baby, I was born this way

Comment

• Lynne
                        Former vBulletin Support
                        • Oct 2004

Originally posted by Paul M
                        Not dead at all. vBulletin 4 will have a CMS available for it.
                        The vBulletin 4 *Suite* will have CMS, not the regular vBulletin 4 forum package.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
                        vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
                        Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
                        If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• Kensino
                          • Sep 2007
                          • 3.8.x

Oh. Well where is the information on vBulletin 4? So I can get some details on what it will include and when its avaliable.

Maybe I can wait to finish some of my pages until its released. That way I can still use the vB style on the rest of my website.

--

Does anyone know of a tutorial for making a custom style for vBulletin?

Comment

• cellarius
                            • Aug 2005
                            • 3.8.x

Oh. Well where is the information on vBulletin 4?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...