Using the "Send Email to Users" option - help!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • webtracker
    • Sep 2006

Using the "Send Email to Users" option - help!

I have 6,000 members that I'd like to email. I need help finding out about how to do that, using the VB admin, without having any problems with my host (Godaddy shared hosting).

Godaddy says I can send a MAXIMUM of 1,000 emails per day and recommends sending only about 100 every couple of hours. So, using the Vbulletin interface, how would I send out 100 every two hours? After 20 hours, I should be able to get through the alloted 1,000. Also, after that how would I send the other 5,000?

- If I set "Email to send at once" to 100 what exactly does that do? What will happen once it sends out the first 100 and how do I continue to send the remaining 5900 emails?

Thanks...
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

As per your support ticket there is no option in vB to throttle emails like this. Sorry.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• intensecool
      • Nov 2007
      • 3.6.x

Originally posted by webtracker
      I have 6,000 members that I'd like to email. I need help finding out about how to do that, using the VB admin, without having any problems with my host (Godaddy shared hosting).

Godaddy says I can send a MAXIMUM of 1,000 emails per day and recommends sending only about 100 every couple of hours. So, using the Vbulletin interface, how would I send out 100 every two hours? After 20 hours, I should be able to get through the alloted 1,000. Also, after that how would I send the other 5,000?

- If I set "Email to send at once" to 100 what exactly does that do? What will happen once it sends out the first 100 and how do I continue to send the remaining 5900 emails?

Thanks...
      Use Vb.org, Find out the plug-in, surely it has

Comment

• webtracker
        • Sep 2006

Anyone know where such a plugin exists? How is everyone else sending out mass emails?

Thanks!

Comment

• Steve Machol
          Former Customer Support Manager
          • Jul 2000

If one exists it would be over at www.vbulletin.org.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...