X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Evans Performanc
    • Jun 2009
    • 3.8.x

forum half way loading

my problem is a little tough to explain, but all of a sudden my forum started only loading small parts of the page. usually just the header and thats it, but sometimes it loads more, sometimes less. i havent made any changes in quite a while. can someone take a look and see if you have any ideas?

thanks in advance
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

That can be the result of bad gzip compression. Try disabling GZIP in vBulletin:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Cookies and HTTP Header Options -> GZIP HTML Output

If you can't get into the Admin CP because of the error then try adding this line to the top of the login.php file. That may allow you to login:

Code:
    define('NOZIP', 1);

Comment

• Evans Performanc
      • Jun 2009
      • 3.8.x

awesome, that fixed it. why would it work for months and then all of a sudden not work?

Comment

• Jake Bunce
        • Dec 2000
        • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Evans Performanc
        why would it work for months and then all of a sudden not work?
        Apparently something with gzip broke. I have seen this before. I don't know exactly what causes it. You would have to contact your host.

Comment

• raja811
          • Aug 2006
          • 3.6.x

thanks

Comment

• career
            • Mar 2009
            • 3.8.x

in some ways same issue occurs when your page(s) contain some javascript code.
            in your case you have js code for banner.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...