X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • roots549
    • Nov 2008
    • 3.7.x

Vbulletin 3.8.4 crashing browser

We have built a new Sony Gaming forum, http://playstationworlds.com, that is crashing the PS3 browser. We have a modified version of Forummonkeys, Fusion64 skin and are running the latest version of vbadvanced.

Our nintendo site, http://nintendopals.net has a similar set up, actually more complicated graphics, more content, and it does NOT crash the PS3 browser. The one major difference between the two sites is that nintendopals.net runs on vbulleting 3.6.9, an older version.

Does your vbulletin 3.8.4 site work on the PS3 browser?

Any and all input would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for assistance,
    Eric
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

Try to reproduce it on a default style:

Admin CP -> Styles & Templates -> Style Manager -> [Add New Style]

Create a new style with no parent. Then click that style's name in the Style Manager to view your forum with that style. If the problem goes away on the default style then you know it's a style problem at which point you need to systematically revert your custom templates to isolate the problem.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
      • Aug 2000

I checked your site twice.. the first time it didn't validate. The second time it did. Not sure why this happened but could be the cause of your problems.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• roots549
        • Nov 2008
        • 3.7.x

looks to be the skin. I think it has too much css for both the PS3 and Wii browsers to handle.

It is my understanding that the PS3 browser was actually developed for mobile devices, cannot be burdened with CSS heavy on background images.

I thought about forcing PS3 browsers to default, but the browser spoofs mozilla, so it would force all firefox browsers to default as well.

thanks for the help

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...