X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DrMatt
    • Apr 2009
    • 3.8.x

vBulletin MYSQL issues :(

Hello everyone, I am currently experiencing a lot of mysql errors on my vbulletin forum. Ever since I installed vbulletin I have been receiving:

""MySQL Error : MySQL server has gone away""

errors about once or twice a day, but it's been pretty consistent over the last 4 months. I don't know how bad that error is but i'm sure it's not great to be receiving it and I would be better off not having that error at all. Is there a way to fix that error?

Also the big one that is really worrying me, is over the last 3/4 days I have been receiving the following error: ""Database error in vBulletin :

mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: User my_database already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections /home/sitehidden/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php on line 311 MySQL Error : Error Number : Request Date : Sunday, August 30th 2009 @ 09:26:09 PM Error Date : Sunday, August 30th 2009 @ 09:27:07 PM Script : http://sitehidden.com/forums/showthr...10343&posted=1 Referrer : IP Address : ip hidden Username : Classname : vB_Database MySQL Version : ""

Followed by a few of these:

""Database error in vBulletin : mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (11) /home/sitehidden/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php on line 311 MySQL Error : Error Number : Request Date : Sunday, August 30th 2009 @ 09:28:09 PM Error Date : Sunday, August 30th 2009 @ 09:28:16 PM Script : http://www.sitehidden.com/forums/sea...searchid=28485 Referrer : IP Address : ip hidden Username : Classname : vB_Database MySQL Version : ""

And then during this time I cannot access the site, it seems to crash or be down. Now I don't know what's causing these but is it something on my end?

Hopefully i'm not crashing the server as it's on shared hosting, but more importantly I need my site to be up as much as possible as it's kind of embarrassing and bad for the community.

Any help is greatly appreciated, I have opened a ticket with my provider hopefully they can shed some light on this and it isn't something sinister.
    Last edited by DrMatt; Sun 30 Aug '09, 9:23pm.
  • The_Big_K
    • Oct 2005

Trust me, you should consider moving to a better web host. I used to get those errors when I was on Yahoo Web Hosting. I switched to a new web host and the error vanished.

Best
    www.CrazyEngineers.com
    Founder | CrazyEngineers®
    About CE | Small Talk | Official Blog 'VoiCE'
    The Big K's SuperBlog | Join CE!
    The Mobiles Forum. Got A Question?

Comment

• DrMatt
      • Apr 2009
      • 3.8.x

Hmm this doesn't sound good.

Well my provider responded:

Code:
         There has been no downtime on the server you are on over the past few days though I will investigate this. You can have up to 50 database connections at any one time where most providers limit it to 20. We have picked this figure as its generally the limit where users scripts start abusing the servers resources.

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

Most providers definitely do not limit MySQL connections to a mere 20. That is a sign of a host that is cramming way too many sites on their servers.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...