Possible to remove the first two columns in threadview?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bigforumfan
    • Aug 2001

Possible to remove the first two columns in threadview?

I've been trying to think of ways to simplify my forum. I think the number of options and features of VBulletin can actually have a negative effect in terms of new registrations, SEO and new posters.

WIth all of the features of VBulletin, I would guess that only 20% of the features are used by most members. What many of us think of as assets really just intimidate a lot of potential users/members who we forget aren't nearly as comfortable with technology as we all are.

One thing I would like to do is get rid of the first two columns in the threadview. Most people don't use the post icons and the thread notification icons could be made smaller and appear with the file attachment and sticky icons if at all.

Getting rid of the first two columns would free up valuable screen real estate and give the forum a less cluttered and clean appearance which I think would encourage new users.

Will this be possible with 4.0? Is is possible now?
    Attached Files
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

It is possible now, and since you can edit the templates, will be possible in the future regardless of design. Right now its a matter of editing the threadbit, forumdisplay, and searchresults templates and removing the columns.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...