X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • adamskis_side_fx
    • Jun 2009
    • 3.8.x

Scheduled Task Settings Query

Hi, I’m really confused about the settings for the Scheduled Task. I need it to run every hour for the user promotions and also the subscriptions.

I had set the first Minute dropdown to 0 with all other values to *. When I saved this the new time seemed to work (as it displayed Today 12:00 PM), but once this time passes it does not go onto the following hour/day it just stays at that time. When I checked it the day after the date was the 17th (it being the 18th on that day).

I’ve attached a screen grab of the settings. Can anyone advise me to what I need to set them to so that it updates every hour of every day thereafter.

Regards - Adam
    Attached Files
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

Are any of your Schedules Tasks running? Or is it just this one that is not?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• adamskis_side_fx
      • Jun 2009
      • 3.8.x

All the scheduled tasks are preset (or default). I haven’t changed any others settings except Subscriptions and Promotions. All others haven’t been edited but there all pre dated back to when I first started putting the forum together. I’ve attached a screen grab of my schedule tasks dates. I don’t understand why all these dates are all in the past, shouldn’t they be repeating daily/weekly/monthly etc.. with forthcoming dates to say when this next task is scheduled to be run?
      Attached Files

Comment

• Lynne
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Oct 2004

It looks to me like none of them are running. Most likely you removed these lines from your footer and that is why they aren't working:
        HTML Code:
            <!-- Do not remove $cronimage or your scheduled tasks will cease to function -->
            $cronimage
            <!-- Do not remove $cronimage or your scheduled tasks will cease to function -->

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools &lt;- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• adamskis_side_fx
          • Jun 2009
          • 3.8.x

thank you very much, this sorted my problem

Comment

• adamskis_side_fx
            • Jun 2009
            • 3.8.x

Hi Lynne

I’m sorry to say but it looks like its still not working. I checked the next time this morning for the user promotions and subscriptions (as these are the 2 i have edited), and the next time was dated the 24th (the same time and date of the time of the last edit/run). I then changed them so they would run every 10 mins of every hour of every day. Though the setting look ok, these have again not been updated since I edited them this morning.

Have I set something wrong or do these scheduled tasks require other codes adding to the footer? (I’ve added screen grabs to show settings and update times)

Regards - Adam
            Attached Files

Comment

• Lynne
              Former vBulletin Support
              • Oct 2004

Are any of them running? Or just those two not running? Can you click the button adn have them run manually?

W3Schools &lt;- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• SorentoUltimate
                • Jul 2009
                • 3.8.x

i have the same problem,

after 31/08/2009 no Scheduled Task Run

i go edit one by one press save to automatic rescheduled
                i also check the footer and are ok

but nothing happen !!!!

any idea???
                http://www.sorento-ultimateclub.com/...x60/468x60.gif

Comment

• Steve Machol
                  Former Customer Support Manager
                  • Jul 2000

Please start your own thread with all the relevant details. Thank you.
                  Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                  Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...