Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fishman620
    • Apr 2006

User Albums Question

We had originally been using another product for users to be able to post pictures. However, with a little education to the community recently we have been able to get users to use the vB user gallery in their profiles. We want to remove the old photo hosting product and only user the photo galleries.
    However, we do want to have a photo gallery page where users can scroll though members pictures all in one place once picture at a time. So a user would go to a page and the most recent picture with the information about it come up, then have a "next" "prev" interface so someone can scroll through.

Is there an option for this integrated into 3.8. that I am missing?

If not, does something like this exist as a plug in? If so where on vb.org would I find something like this?

Thank you for the help!

Brando
    -----
    Brandon
    Chief Angler at Tidal Fish
    Over 61,500 anglers talking fishing
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

There is no such feature with the user album system. You might find an addon for this on www.vbulletin.org , but the user albums don't really function as a central gallery for everyone. Some people who want a central gallery use this third party program:

Comment

• Fishman620
      • Apr 2006

Hi Jake

Thanks so much for answering. We have been using PhotoHost, but I am going to have us migrate away from it. It's too confusing for our members, they have a personal album and then the PhotoPost section. I want it to be all centralized. I am going to write a script where people can scroll through pictures. I just wanted to check in to see if there was already something written before I took the time to write it.

Thanks again!

Brandon
      -----
      Brandon
      Chief Angler at Tidal Fish
      Over 61,500 anglers talking fishing

Comment

• cdurnan1234
        • Feb 2009
        • 3.7.x

I would be very interested in this as to not implement an outside album. I have lots of users loading to the photo albums and was even looking for just a direct link to a list of the photo albums that I could possibly put in the first navigation bar. Right now they seem very hidden. Would like them to be a little more obvious as use of them is building.

I will keep an eye on this thread.

Comment