X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AmericanSheepdog
    • Aug 2009
    • 3.8.x

Strange problem

I have one member that has a strange problem. For the last two days he has been able to PM and post new threads but when he tries to reply to an existing post he is getting a white screen with "Done" at the bottom of it.

Also this

I wonder if this shadowing stuff means anything. When the screen goes white and it says "Done" at the bottom, when I arrow back to the post, my post is there......but not really.....it's shadowed.
    I have read the "White Pages" section of manual and tried them to no avail. I'm confused as to why it is only one member, I have also told him to clear his browser cache and I'm waiting on that response. I'm just looking for a clear response to give me some clues as to what I may be dealing with.

BTW: I added a style yesterday, but he was having this problem before that.

Thanks in advance.
  • calorie
    • May 2003

Try logging in as this user to see if you have the same problem. If you don't, then the cause is somewhere on their end. It's impossible to know exactly what it is, but some possibilities are: browsers, browser settings, cookies being blocked, Internet and security settings, ISP and/or cache issues, firewalls, ad-blockers, spyware, proxies and any other application that affects Internet content.

Comment

• Lynne
      Former vBulletin Support
      • Oct 2004

What does he mean about it being 'shadowed'? Has he given you an image at all?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
      vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
      Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
      If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• AmericanSheepdog
        • Aug 2009
        • 3.8.x

No image, I'm not sure if he can even do that. I will log in as him and see what if I can duplicate it right now. I never thought to do that, and I want to physically see what he is seeing. Thanks.

I'll report my findings with a screen shot in a minute....

Comment

• AmericanSheepdog
          • Aug 2009
          • 3.8.x

I can post reply in his accout

I logged in as this member and I can post a reply, thanks for the troubleshooting tip. So does this mean it is on his end?

I tested it in Firefox and IE8. I had no problem.

Screen shot of both tests:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Rossi.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	3673105

Comment

• Lynne
            Former vBulletin Support
            • Oct 2004

If you can do it with his account, then I'd say it's on his end. Perhaps clearing the cache or restarting his browser will fix the issue for him.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
            vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
            Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
            If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• AmericanSheepdog
              • Aug 2009
              • 3.8.x

Many thanks for the assistance. Hopefully when he reports back that he cleared his cache this be over...

Thanks again.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...