Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mbucy
    • Mar 2002

PM's Not in Inbox

After a database problem/repair. I have a users that cannot receive PM's. They don't show up in the inbox, however it will send the email notification.

Any ideas??
    ProvidentialSolutions.com
    V8buick.com
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

No errors? What was the problem you were having prior to this repair?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• mbucy
      • Mar 2002

Database error with the site completly down. I did not keep a record of the error. It was 6 months ago.

User is saying his PM's stopped going to his inbox after the site came back up. He still does receive the email notification that he has a PM. This is one of a few users that have the problem.
      V8buick.com

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

To troubleshoot this, first reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file. Then run 'Suspect File Versions' in Diagnostics to make sure you have all the original files for your version and that none show 'File does not contain expected contents':

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

[Note: In some cases you may also need to remove any of the listed .xml files in the includes/xml directory.]

Next, disable all plugins.

Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

Do they have the same problem?
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• mbucy
          • Mar 2002

I thought it would have something to do with these couple of users. There are 10,000 active users, 20,000 total on my site and only 2 or 3 that I know of have the problem.

I'll just delete then and have the register again.

Thanks!
          V8buick.com

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...