Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • morny
    • Jun 2008

PMs going to wrong server

Ive moved our forum to a new server and i closed all the threads on the old server and disabled pm's (or so i thought) on the old server yet some people are still getting pms on the old server instead of the new one. Is there a setting that might be causing this that i can check, ive had a look but i cant find anything but its weird how most pms go to the correct server but only some go to the old one?
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

You need to remove the vB files on the old server and make sure you have the correct forum URL set on the new one.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• morny
      • Jun 2008

Thanks Steve just to confirm before i do remove them from the old server, i have set Vbulletin Options > Site Name/URL/Contact Details to www.holdemmanager.net/forum for the forum URL. Is there anywhere else i need to change this?

What i dont want to happen is that i remove all the files on the old server, then a setting on the new server is still redirecting PMs to http://145.xxx.xxx.xxx and it starts giving error messages so i want to be sure before i delete it

The weird thing is i have PMs turned off on the old server so i cant understand how someone sending a PM on the new server would end up at the other sever. Anyway thanks for your help

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

Make sure you don't have any redirects back to the old server or IP. Also make sure these are not using the same database.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• morny
          • Jun 2008

Thanks for the quick response, i had a redirect setup on the old forum to redirect users to the new server IP address while we were waiting for the domain to switch over so ill try removing that as that might be the problem

Comment

• IBxAnders
            • Aug 2001
            • 4.0.x

Totally sounds like the config.php is referencing the old database.
            anders | vbulletin team | check out the new vbulletin facebook app
            Proudly vBulletin'ing since 2001
            Please be my friend!
            http://www.twitter.com/inetskunkworks
            vBulletin Performance Articles:
            Click here to read

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...