Colouring text of seperate category links?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Simon Lloyd
    • Apr 2008
    • 3.7.x

Colouring text of seperate category links?

Hi all, how do i make the category links (text) a different colour for each category?, i remember i messed up once using html in a category title and the forum had to be restored!, any ideas?
    Kind regards,
    Simon
    Microsoft Office Discussion
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

You can use HTML in the title when editing the category in the Admin CP. But using wrong HTML can cause display problems in the Forum Manager which can be corrected using a program like phpmyadmin.

See this thread for something similar, except it is for background images instead of just text:

Comment

• Simon Lloyd
      • Apr 2008
      • 3.7.x

Jake thanks i can adapt that
      Kind regards,
      Simon

Comment

• Simon Lloyd
        • Apr 2008
        • 3.7.x

Jake, i followed those instructions, but it's not what i wanted, my fault as i didn't explain well, i have created forums to "Look" like categories and then have sub forums that folk can post in (i didn't want to make them categories as the divider looked too harsh and all the same colour), anyway it is that particular forum that i want to change things on using this
        PHP Code:
        <if condition="in_array($forum[forumid], array(64,70,74,77,80,83,86,89))">style="background: url(images/gradients/members.png) repeat-x top left;"</if> 
        could you tell me where to place it please?
        Kind regards,
        Simon

Comment

• Jake Bunce
          • Dec 2000
          • 3.6.x

I recommend you post on www.vbulletin.org for help with custom code. I don't have a guide for what you want.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...