X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • masterross
    • Nov 2005

php 5.3.0 problem

Hello,

I just upgraded my server php from 5.2.10 to 5.3.0 and i get a lot of errors:

Code:
    Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forum/public_html/includes/init.php on line 49

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forum/public_html/includes/init.php on line 101

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forum/public_html/includes/init.php on line 105

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forum/public_html/includes/init.php on line 113

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forum/public_html/includes/init.php on line 124

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forum/public_html/includes/init.php on line 128

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forum/public_html/includes/init.php on line 136

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forum/public_html/includes/init.php on line 205

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forum/public_html/includes/init.php on line 383

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/forum/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 2552

Warning: date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Berlin' for 'CEST/2.0/DST' instead in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 3547

Warning: date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Berlin' for 'CEST/2.0/DST' instead in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 3734

Warning: date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Berlin' for 'CEST/2.0/DST' instead in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 3734
    Any ideas why?

I use vB 3.8.3
    PHP is compiled with:

Code:
    ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/php --with-config-file-path=/usr/local/php --with-mysql=/usr/local/mysql --with-mysqli=/usr/local/mysql/bin/mysql_config --with-gd --with-jpeg-dir=/usr/lib --with-zlib-dir=/usr/lib --with-freetype-dir=/usr/lib --enable-gd-native-ttf --with-apxs2=/usr/local/apache2/bin/apxs --enable-magic-quotes --enable-mbstring
    Regards!
    Latest Tech News in the World
    Кейс със снимка по поръчка
  • Dody
    • Aug 2004
    • 3.8.x

it has been reported in many threads that vbulletin has problem with PHP 3.5.0. I suggest,that you downgrade your PHP until a newer version is released.
    while(true){
    if(
    $someone->needsHelp() && $i->canHelp()) $post->help();
    if(
    $i->findBug()) $post->bug();
    }

Comment

• Andy Huang
      • Feb 2004

This is a PHP 5.3.0 problem with the current version of vBulletin. We have resolved this problem for vBulletin 3.8.4 as outlined in the bug tracker here: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/proje...?issueid=28380

You'll also encounter another problem with dates as outlined here: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/proje...?issueid=28388

Due to human resource constraints right now (we're all busy working on 4.0), the release for 3.8.4 is not scheduled until at least end of next week. Though, the potential fixes are documented in those linked PT issues already, so you can manually apply them if you are sticking with PHP 5.3.0 before we release 3.8.4
      Best Regards,
      Andy Huang

Comment

• masterross
        • Nov 2005

I downgraded already so no prob with 5.2.10
        I'm just reporting

p.s.
        Sorry Andy,

I used search but didnt find the thread.

Regards
        Latest Tech News in the World
        Кейс със снимка по поръчка

Comment

• dieselpowered
          • Aug 2004
          • 4.2.X

I actually upgraded to 3.8.4 and while it was working with PHP 5.3.0 I received the following error once applying the new patch:
          Code:
          [B]Deprecated[/B]:  Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in [B]/xxxx/xxxx/xxxx/forum/includes/init.php[/B] on line [B]55[/B]

[B]Deprecated[/B]:  Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in [B]/xxxx/xxxx/xxxx/forum/includes/init.php[/B] on line [B]107[/B]

[B]Deprecated[/B]:  Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in [B]/xxxx/xxxx/xxxx/forum/includes/init.php[/B] on line [B]111[/B]

[B]Deprecated[/B]:  Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in [B]/xxxx/xxxx/xxxx/forum/includes/init.php[/B] on line [B]119[/B]

[B]Deprecated[/B]:  Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in [B]/xxxx/xxxx/xxxx/forum/includes/init.php[/B] on line [B]130[/B]

[B]Deprecated[/B]:  Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in [B]/xxxx/xxxx/xxxx/forum/includes/init.php[/B] on line [B]134[/B]

[B]Deprecated[/B]:  Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in [B]/xxxx/xxxx/xxxx/forum/includes/init.php[/B] on line [B]142[/B]

[B]Deprecated[/B]:  Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in [B]/xxxx/xxxx/xxxx/forum/includes/init.php[/B] on line [B]211[/B]

[B]Deprecated[/B]:  Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in [B]/xxxx/xxxx/xxxx/forum/includes/init.php[/B] on line [B]389[/B]

[B]Deprecated[/B]:  Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in [B]/xxxx/xxxx/xxxx/forum/includes/class_core.php[/B] on line [B]2552[/B]
          We found the fix was to replace '=&' in those files to '=' is this correct?
          CommanderTalk.com --> www.commandertalk.com

Comment

• creative-friends
            • Feb 2009
            • 3.8.x

i am having the same error
            Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /customers/pakistanipoint.com/pakistanipoint.com/httpd.www/includes/init.php on line 55

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /customers/pakistanipoint.com/pakistanipoint.com/httpd.www/includes/init.php on line 107

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /customers/pakistanipoint.com/pakistanipoint.com/httpd.www/includes/init.php on line 111

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /customers/pakistanipoint.com/pakistanipoint.com/httpd.www/includes/init.php on line 119

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /customers/pakistanipoint.com/pakistanipoint.com/httpd.www/includes/init.php on line 130

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /customers/pakistanipoint.com/pakistanipoint.com/httpd.www/includes/init.php on line 134

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /customers/pakistanipoint.com/pakistanipoint.com/httpd.www/includes/init.php on line 142

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /customers/pakistanipoint.com/pakistanipoint.com/httpd.www/includes/init.php on line 211

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /customers/pakistanipoint.com/pakistanipoint.com/httpd.www/includes/init.php on line 389

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /customers/pakistanipoint.com/pakistanipoint.com/httpd.www/includes/class_core.php on line 2552
            i cant downgrade my PHP

is there any other solution for this??

Comment

• Reeve of Shinra
              • Sep 2001

upgrade to 3.8.4?
              Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

• creative-friends
                • Feb 2009
                • 3.8.x

It Is On 3.8.4 it was all gud before but frm few days it giving me this error dont know why....

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
                  vBulletin Support
                  • Aug 2002
                  • 5.7.X

Have you tried the fix dieselpowered suggested above? May also be worth raising a bug for this in the Bug Tracker
                  Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
                  - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• creative-friends
                    • Feb 2009
                    • 3.8.x

Originally posted by dieselpowered
                    I actually upgraded to 3.8.4 and while it was working with PHP 5.3.0 I received the following error once applying the new patch:
                    Code:
                    [B]Deprecated[/B]: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in [B]/xxxx/xxxx/xxxx/forum/includes/init.php[/B] on line [B]55[/B]

[B]Deprecated[/B]: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in [B]/xxxx/xxxx/xxxx/forum/includes/init.php[/B] on line [B]107[/B]

[B]Deprecated[/B]: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in [B]/xxxx/xxxx/xxxx/forum/includes/init.php[/B] on line [B]111[/B]

[B]Deprecated[/B]: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in [B]/xxxx/xxxx/xxxx/forum/includes/init.php[/B] on line [B]119[/B]

[B]Deprecated[/B]: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in [B]/xxxx/xxxx/xxxx/forum/includes/init.php[/B] on line [B]130[/B]

[B]Deprecated[/B]: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in [B]/xxxx/xxxx/xxxx/forum/includes/init.php[/B] on line [B]134[/B]

[B]Deprecated[/B]: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in [B]/xxxx/xxxx/xxxx/forum/includes/init.php[/B] on line [B]142[/B]

[B]Deprecated[/B]: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in [B]/xxxx/xxxx/xxxx/forum/includes/init.php[/B] on line [B]211[/B]

[B]Deprecated[/B]: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in [B]/xxxx/xxxx/xxxx/forum/includes/init.php[/B] on line [B]389[/B]

[B]Deprecated[/B]: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in [B]/xxxx/xxxx/xxxx/forum/includes/class_core.php[/B] on line [B]2552[/B]
                    We found the fix was to replace '=&' in those files to '=' is this correct?
                    i didnt get this can u please help mee....with this.....

Comment

• dieselpowered
                      • Aug 2004
                      • 4.2.X

I do not have the files in front of me, however, you will need to open them and edit the '=&' to '='

If I had the files, I could probably give you more explanation. When I get home, I will see if I have a quick moment to look at them before I leave town.

I do not recall who, but I thought I remember hearing from someone that this is not a good idea. I ended up just downgrading PHP. Now that I am running 4.0 it is a non-issue.
                      CommanderTalk.com --> www.commandertalk.com

Comment

• creative-friends
                        • Feb 2009
                        • 3.8.x

Originally posted by dieselpowered
                        I do not have the files in front of me, however, you will need to open them and edit the '=&' to '='

If I had the files, I could probably give you more explanation. When I get home, I will see if I have a quick moment to look at them before I leave town.

I do not recall who, but I thought I remember hearing from someone that this is not a good idea. I ended up just downgrading PHP. Now that I am running 4.0 it is a non-issue.
                        Okay
                        so have you checked the file then??

Comment

• creative-friends
                          • Feb 2009
                          • 3.8.x

Some One Help Me Here Please
                          Its Really Annoying....

Comment

• MrNase
                            • Jun 2003
                            • 3.8.x

Is it save to apply the fix suggested in post #5?

I am running (at least I try to) 3.8.4 and 3.8.5 on PHP 5.3.1 and those messages are annoying.
                            That's the end of that!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...